MP3 player hooked into aux?

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 125
I have an MP3 player and I bought a Monster cable with 2 RCA's on one side and a headphone jack on the other side. Can I hook that into my deck so I can play songs off my MP3 player?

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 131
Bump.. anyone know?

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 139
Would this work? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60208%26item%3D5765067632 %26

JKW
Unregistered guest
It will work as long as you have an aux in on your head unit.

JKW
Unregistered guest
You should not need that cable on e-bay if you have the plug you discribed in your first post.

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 143
What do I plug it into?

Bronze Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 11
If you have an aux in on your HU you can get a patch cable with two male plugs so you can use the headphone jack on the mp3 player and go right to your HU. If you don't have an aux in (like me) your best bet is that cord on ebay, it'll go right to the changer port on the HU. The only way the cable you have will work is if you have female RCA Aux in on the back of your HU (i'm guessing the cord you have has two male RCAs) and as far as i'm aware those are mostly only on DVD HUs. Hope that helps.

Bronze Member

Vermont

Post Number: 12
Forgot to mention that the moster cable will connect to the cable on e-bay to give you the connections you need, but you prolly knew that.

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 165
Thanks for the info, thats what I was thinkng

Bronze Member

Vermont

Post Number: 14
no prob, I just had to go through the same thing with my older Pioneer HU. I flush mounted the RCAs in my dash so I think it worked out better than if I had the Aux in on the front of the deck.

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 184
Nice, not a bad idea..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us