JL 12w7

Username: Burrdrinka

Post Number: 3
Just got my 12w7 and I'm supposed to get my 1000/1 amp tomorrow via UPS. I was just wondering before I get these installed, how should I break them in? I want these babies to last me for as long as possible, given the amount of doe I spent on them. Any suggestions in proper care?

Silver Member
Username: Tragedy

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 190
dont get to happy with the volume knob.

Take it easy for a few days.. whats normal i think about 20hrs of play?

Bronze Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 85
Yeah, just be gentle for the first week to 2 weeks I would say. Anyways, congrats. Whats the W7 going in?

Post Number: 4
Is it true you have to leave it on for a few hours when they're hooked in? That sounds crazy! I definately won't blast the hell out of it right away, probably rarely actually. This is actually my first sub and amp so I'm open to any suggestions.

Post Number: 5
It's going in a 97 Accord, I'm glad I went with a 12, when it got here I was like DAMN! It's fricken huge!

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 220
that'll be nice, i got a 13 in a 92 accord. JL runs all their subs before packing them up to leave the factory too btw.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1880
you actually dont have to "break" subs in, it isnt neccessary

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 469
if you dont break the sub in, it isnt going to quit out on you. The only reason that you break in a sub for is for sq purposes only. It'll sound a little better once the spider and everything gets a little loose. But the longevitity of life on a sub does'nt depend on breaking in the sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us