Please help with door speaker wiring

Anonymous

ok here's the deal. I have an amp that is 300 watts rms. 150 watts rms to each channel. Amp is 2 ohm stable stereo. I would like to wire the amp to my door speakers and tweeters. Tweeters and door speakers are 4 ohms. There will be 2 tweeters and 2 speakers on each channel. How could I "get her done" so my amp will not protect. Another quick question... how would I wire the speakers to the amp? Would I just run wires from the harness adapter to the amp? If I have to wire in series or parallel could I do that from the harness adapter?

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 201
if the amp is 2 ohm stable, and i assume you have components with crossovers, you should wire the speakers in parallel. that'll give you a 2 ohm load on each channel. depending on how the speakers/tweeters are hooked up, it might screw up your imaging. what is this harness adapter you have??

Bronze Member
Username: Spittin2rock

Post Number: 93
you know the adapter that you hook to your factory wiring harness to install an aftermarket stereo.

Bronze Member
Username: Spittin2rock

Post Number: 94
I think that's what he's talking about. Sorry I can't help on this one I kind of lost.

Anonymous

yeah that harness. Can I hook a wire to the harness to the amp to amplify my door speakers. In parallel??? 4 4ohm devices wired in parallel will make a 2 ohm load? Oh yeah by the way no I don't have a crossover. I have dome tweeters and they have a built in crossover.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us