What kind of amp for my system?

Unregistered guest
I dont know sh*t about car stereos so please help me out. I just put in a pioneer deh-3700 mp HU in my 2002 neon and my friend gave me a Jensen XS2200BP. Its specs are:

Single Quadport Bandpass Subwoofer. 750 Watts Peak Power, 250 Watts RMS. 4-Port design - for deeper bass. Dual 4th order bandpass subwoofer system. Dual 10" Low-Q optimized drivers.

I also got an old mobile authority 300 watt amp with 75w x4 rms power at 2 ohms or 40w x 4 at 4 ohms. low pass frequency is 45hz-120 hz and high pass is 120-800 hz signal to noise ratio is 91db.

I dont know what any of that means I wanna keep the subs cuz i just need some bump and i dont wanna spend alot cuz im already gonna get charged like 150 for installation and the neccessary cables and wire,so should i try to use the mobile authority amp thats old and beat up or should i get a new amp? and what kind for what i have? thanx for your help.

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 403
well, besides your HU, that equipment is certainly not the best out there to put it nicely, but you cant beat free. if you like your music to sound good, i would go ahead and invest in a new amp, but only with the plans of eventually upgrading your sub too. even with a new amp, that jensen sub will still sound sub-par.

here you go:
www.bcae1.com
http://www.caraudiocentral.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8&page=1&sort=lastpost& order

Unregistered guest
Good looking out. Thanx.

Unregistered guest
Good looking out. Thanx. Any suggestions on what kind of amp and power i should get?

Unregistered guest
any suggestions on what kind of amp i should get? and what power? should i get a mono or 2 channel or 4 channel? I dont really know about all that. I would like to get a decent one for as little as possible. Also i do plan to upgrade my sub in the future to as well as maybe new speakers in the car to get rid of the stock. I just want to have something up and running now. thanx again for your help.

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 414
think ahead when building a system. you have a couple options.

1. you can buy mono block amp to power the sub you have now. probably something around 300 watts. what is the ohm rating of your sub now? for example, if it's 4ohm look for a mono amp that does 300 @ 4ohms and 600 @ 2ohms. that way when you upgrade your sub down the road you can get a sub that will wire to a 2ohm load to your amp and not only will you have a better sounding sub, but it will also be twice as powerful. however, when you upgrade your front speakers to some components, you'll want another amp to power those.

2. if you are more concerned with sound quality than loud bass, you can get a 4-channel amp that does like 75x4 @ 4ohms and 300x2 bridged @ 4ohms, bridge the rear channels to run the sub, and when you decide to buy new front speakers, you will already have an amp to power them. you'll only have 300 watts for your new sub, but that is plenty to get some decent bass. the ascendant audio Atlas, infinity perfect, and image dymanics IDQ all work well with that power range and sound great.

either way, dont worry about an amp for your rear speakers, just run them off the HU. read this for a good article on rear fill.

my point is, try to learn as much as you can, lay out a "long-term" plan, and then start buying with future upgrades in mind. hope it helps.

kaveo408
Unregistered guest
thanx alot. you helped me plenty. i appreciate it.

akeilae
Unregistered guest
Im selling my XTANT 1001 AMP and still has warranty from manufacture defects. Im asking 700.00obo for it is in mint condit. Very good quality amp, call me (425)985-5415 or email unan0@hotmail.com if interested.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us