Can i bridge a 2 channel amp to 1 sub woofer?

Anonymous

my sub-woofer has dual voice coil

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

OK in less t... South Korea

Post Number: 623
what type of amp?
Is it one ohm or two ohm stable?
How many watts rms?

What type of speaker?
Are the coils 2 or 4 ohm?
What is the rms rating of the speaker?

andre04
Unregistered guest
I have just installed a Sony Xploid amp to a single sub. The sound, at this point is just ok. I cannot adjust the gain to tune the quality.
I need to know why the amp cuts out when I turn on the car. I can use the amp, at a limited volume, when I turn on only the accessories. Please help!!

Bronze Member
Username: Spittin2rock

Post Number: 99
sure you can if its bridgeable in which I don't think I've ever seen an 2 channel amp that wasn't bridgeable. you would have to find out which channel uses it negative terminal and which channel uses it positive terminal to the bridge channel. If your amp supports a 2 ohm load to the mono channel then wire your Voice coils in parallel then hook it to the mono channel. If it doesn't then just hook each voice coil to a channel.

Bronze Member
Username: Spittin2rock

Post Number: 100
sure you can if its bridgeable in which I don't think I've ever seen an 2 channel amp that wasn't bridgeable. you would have to find out which channel uses it negative terminal and which channel uses it positive terminal to the bridge channel. If your amp supports a 2 ohm load to the mono channel then wire your Voice coils in parallel then hook it to the mono channel. If it doesn't then just hook each voice coil to a channel.

Nick_sq
Unregistered guest
Your sub is likely Dual 4 ohm voice coils, so in that case no, you can't (unless you want to bridge to 8 ohm with a pretty considerable loss of power) If you subs happen to be dual 2 ohm or dual 8 ohm, then yes, you can. All this depends aswell on your amplifier...Can it be bridged? Very few 2 channels cant be bridged but some cant so just checking.

Nick_sq
Unregistered guest
Your sub is likely Dual 4 ohm voice coils, so in that case no, you can't (unless you want to bridge to 8 ohm with a pretty considerable loss of power) If you subs happen to be dual 2 ohm or dual 8 ohm, then yes, you can. All this depends aswell on your amplifier...Can it be bridged? Very few 2 channels cant be bridged but some cant so just checking.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us