Bridging question

Username: Nsc

Post Number: 1
I got 2 12" Quantum Audio Compition subs and a quantum 1100 watt amp. I got them hooked up but there not hittin as hard as they should. how could i make them hit to there full capacity?

Post Number: 2
By the way the amp is only a 1 channel amp

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 175
The amps rms at 4 ohms and 2 ohms will help. The subs are they dvc or svc? what ohms and rms watts for the sub.

Post Number: 4
Well i know the Max output is 1500 watts a sub but i will check tomarrow

Bronze Member
Username: Spittin2rock

Post Number: 91
Quite simple...

First you want to know exactly the ohm load your amp is stable at. Second you would want to know what impedence your subs are. Third if the subs are single voice coil or dual voice coil. Then input the following info on this site http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp and it will tell you the different wiring configurations and the ohm load your subs will present to the amp.

Post Number: 5
i found the problem i had it bridged right i just had 12 gauge wire when i needed 8 thanks for the help. if yall want to see my system this is the site http://www.quantumaudio.net

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 102
When you bridge an amp does it drop/gain ohms, or does it stay the same? I have a DVC 2 ohm sub and I am bridgeing my amp for it. So if the amp doesn't gain/drop ohms, I would want to wire my sub in series?

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 142
Bump.

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 155
ANyone?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums