Alpine S or Infinity Perfect 10.1D

Mitch B
Unregistered guest
should I go with an alpine or Infinity? it will be run off an Alpine Mrd-m301

Unregistered guest
I have 2 12" infinity kappa's right now, and if you want a CLEANNNNN sound, i would go with infinity, and my friend had an alpine and it got distorted at pretty low volumes compaired to his new infinity. And if your going to get 1 sub, i would go with 1 infinity perfect dvc and wire it to 2 ohm, you wont be disapointed...it should work with your amp just perfect

Bronze Member
Username: Thenoose

Post Number: 28
i have the new 2005 model alpine type r it smokes the infinity because my friend has the 12" infinity kappa perfect sub idsay go alpine

Bronze Member
Username: Iceflamekilla

Hartford, CT

Post Number: 23
Infinity's are great for high's which makes them great component speakers, but for subs i would go with the Alpine Type R, not the Type S though.

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 401
hands down, the perfect over the type-s. type-r would be a contest though (not the 2005 b/c it would be underpowered by that amp), the winner in SPL would go to the type-r and the winner in SQ would go to the perfect. it's up to you to decide which contest to hold, SPL or SQ :-)

timmyg
Unregistered guest
Go with the Infinity it'll kick the type S spl and sq no prob, haven't heard 2005 type r but the infinity has a beter DB/w so on limited power it will beat the type r on spl as well, that and the Infinity is a bit or a legend for making <20hz out of 10" with a recommend box size of only 0.6 cube and people seem to get good results down at 0.5 cube allowing a seriously small install.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us