Help with System

Bronze Member
Username: Algirard1

OH United States

Post Number: 47
I have been looking around but I can't decide on a system. I want either two 12's or one 15. These subs will be going into a 1993 ford ranger extended cab. I listen to rap and some rock. I would like sql. I need the subs, amp, and wiring. I will be building the box myself. I am going to spend $1000 on everything listed above and an amp for my compents, cap, and or HO alternator. I don't really want to upgrade my alternator right now. What do you guys suggest?

Bronze Member

OH United States

Post Number: 48
My stock alterantor is a 95A alternator. I will be running 200 watts rms to my components. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Pharoh

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 69
well.. for starters 1000$ isnt much to build a system ontop of. If thats ur limit, i would look at Mtx, they have cheaper subwoofers and they are underated right now and sound decent. capasitors arent cheap, cheaper ones start around 120$. i would probobly go with infinity for an amp(reliabliliy and style). they live up to their word. and head units you dont want to lack on. Pioneer has good Hu's. But you usually get what you pay for. Dont go with sony explode, they may look purdy and expensive but thats because they are sony. a decent HU usually starts around 300+

Bronze Member

OH United States

Post Number: 49
I am willing to spend more. I was just looking for some suggestions that don't require me to upgrade my alternator. Don't worry about the price limit. Just give me some suggestions.

Bronze Member
Username: Pharoh

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 72
Infinity and JL have good setups. they are both loud and sound great and have good quality put into them. One problem, they are a bit pricey. You could pick up an amp and 2 decent subs from either or. you dont really need a new alternator or cap unless you are going to listen to ur music with the car turned off and ur amp outputting as much as possible. then again thats if you dont have a 12v battery ur screwed. I have an infinity system in my bros car, 300watt rms monoblock and 2 infionity ref's in a bassworx box, and it sounds pretty good. and he got all that for under 1000$

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 394
alan, you can build a decent system for $1000. look for an Orion XTR800.4 on ebay. you can get one for $200-$250. it's 100x4, but those old orions are rated at 12v, and conservatively at that. some of the best amps ever made. or find another 4 channel amp of comparable power. use the front channels to power a set of 6.5" comps; CDT makes some great ones for the price. here's an outstanding sale on a good set. they also have the set with the titanium tweeters if you prefer sharper highs.
instead of two subs, you may want to consider one really good sub. depending on what you're looking for, more SQ or SPL, there are plenty of options for around $200. that orion amp will bridge to put out 400watts, and remember that's really more like 450, so look for something in that range.
for a headunit, check out a lower end alpine, eclipse, or a pioneer premier. dont worry about bells and whistles, just stick with a good brand if you want good sound. after wiring(use KnuKonceptz), a homemade box, and shipping, you're probably looking at $1000. hope it helps.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1248
well atlas' are 145 a piece for 12s, htey are very nice. you can get a pioneer premier, deh-470mp for 200 and below, i think it is very nice, or you could go with a 250 hcca for a lil bit more and it will do more then the xtr, both are awesome amps , and id run either one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us