CHANGE OF SOUND WHEN I DONT CHANG THE SOUND

Username: Kolby

Provo, UT U.S.

Post Number: 1
I BOUGHT A PIONEER PREMEIR DEH P760 MP LIKE 2 WEEKS AGO. I ENSTALED IT AND EVERYTHING IS WORKING RIGHT BUT WHEN I DRIVE AROUND LIKE EVERY 10 MINUTES THE SOUND LEVEL DROPS FOR A COUPLE MINUTES AND THEN IT GOES BACK UP IF YOU KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS PLEASE HELP ME IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY

Bronze Member
Username: Iceflamekilla

Hartford, CT

Post Number: 12
You prolly don't have enough juice to your system. If your sound drops when your at a red light or a stop sign, that means your system needs more juice. In some cases, a capacitor will work but a high output alternator will provide enough power for your system. What type of system are you working with anyway?

Username: Kolby

Provo, UT U.S.

Post Number: 2
chez hey right now i have a pioneer Deh P-760MP and 4 rocksford fosgate punch speakers 2 of them are 6in and the other 2 are 5 1/4 i have a nother question for you my brother has a planet audio 700 watt amp is that a good amp cause he is going to sell it to me for like 50 dollars can i get better or should i stick with that one

Bronze Member
Username: Iceflamekilla

Hartford, CT

Post Number: 21
To be totally honest with you, Kolby, i've never delt with Planet Audio or heard any reviews about them, so i can't give my opinion as far as their sound and build quality goes. As far as the other issue, if your only working with head unit and the rockford speakers right now and you haven't installed the amp yet, it might be the alternator. Listen to your system and keep an eye on your RPMs. At higher RPMs, your sound should be better. Thats because at higher RPMs the alternator is charging the battery quicker. If thats the case, sometimes a capacitor will do the trick. You can also open the hood and listen to the clicking noises from your alternator. It should only click once in a while being idle, but if you hear that its clicking too often than you might have to fix or change the alternator.

Bronze Member
Username: Minime

Portland, OR

Post Number: 32
You might also want to make sure the ASL thing is turned off. It's a feature on the Pioneers that automatically adjusts the volume according to ambient noise levels. Check page 41 in the manual if you need help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us