Need advice on box design (ported-sealed)

Username: Coolasiandude

Post Number: 1
I need some advice for this box
Dimension was measure from the inside of box
Height = 9"
Lenght = 19"
Width = 35"
[img]http://pic13.picturetrail.com/VOL450/3158445/6937299/91610607.jpg[/img]
The big circle a 15"
those 2 small circle are 10"
Currently my intention was only to use just the 15" sub but since the box's volume was too big, should i cut those 2 hole to put in those 10" subs?
Or should i port it? without those 2 10" subs
Or should i port it with those 2 10" subs?
Here is the pics of the port designthat i could use, should i go with 4" diameter or 3" diameter? and how long should it be? and which design should i use?
[img]http://pic13.picturetrail.com/VOL450/3158445/6937299/91610604.jpg[/img]
[img]http://pic13.picturetrail.com/VOL450/3158445/6937299/91610600.jpg[/img]

I know that is a lot of question, but if you could help, it would help alot since i'm cramblin with decissions right now.

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 169
I don't think you could use the 15 and the two 10's in the same box. Sealed or ported will be bad. First each sub will cancel out the others. Also will be real hard to get each sub the right air space. If you divided the box into three sections and the subs have the right cu feet then it will work.

Before you can port any box you have to know the cubit feet of the box. The cubit feet has to be for the sub. I don't know where you are going to install the box but the ports need 3 or 4 inches clear in front of them. Hopefully somebody will have more thoughts.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 367
you should make it so the 15 is in the middle with the 10's on the side and on the inside of the box give each sub there own airspace by putting 2 dividers. unless for some reason it needs to be that
shape? hold on you makin the box or are u buyin it?
and i say if your makin it go sealed cuz its easier.

Post Number: 2
i made the box, cubic feet of the box is 2.74
this is a hatch back car ( dodge stealth/3000gt)
I haven't cut out the hole for those 2 10" yet, maybe i shouldn't, would it be wise to just port them with a 4" diameter 8.5 inch long?

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 372
you already made the box.....

Post Number: 3
yeah, but i haven't port it or cut out the hole for those 2 10" yet

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 171
what sub are you planning on using ? Most high power 15" subs require at least 3.5 cubes at a minimum.

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 840
if SQ is of any concern its generally not a good idea to mix and match subs playing at the same frequencies.

Two 10's and a 15 will probably be loud but may not sound so hot.

-Fishy

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 173
If your box is 2.74 and you put in a 4 inch round port 8.42364 inches long then the box will be tuned at 33 hzs. You need to tune the box for that sub. Did you get a technical data report with the sub?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us