Orion amps

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 168
anyone know the rms rating @ 1 ohm of an Orion 1200d amp, and also for the 2500d ? I've come down to my final choice for 18"x.x.x. Its one of these two..but wich one. I looking for at least 1200 rms.

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 102
orion 1200d at 1 ohm is rated at 1200 watts rms

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 173
hey richard, how does your 15"x.x.x. bump with that Orion?

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 103
its still not setup lol, i had some truck trouble, but i should be gettin it installed next week, ill let ya know how it sounds

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 175
cool, please do let me know. I'm placing my order for my 18"x.x.x. tomorrow(monday)but I'm still a little undecided about what amp tu push it with.I'm leaning more towards Orion though, i keep hearing nothing but good things about 'em.I had 2 15" x.x.x. , was feeding each 1200 w rms with a Infinity 1210a and it FU[KEN POUNDED !!!!(I sold one to my brother in law.)This new 18" i wanted to feed more like 1500 rms or so but if you tell your sub ROCKS with your Orion I'll just go with that then, Thanx.

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 176
by the way this was also in 2002 F150 lariat 4 doors...4 doors and a two passanger vehicle only!. I had to remove the whole back seat to make room for the huge enclosure:-)

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 104
haha thats awesome, im not sure where im gonna put my enclosure yet. its goin in the back of my 1997 F150 Lariat 3 door. but how did the 2 15" X.X.X. sound compaired to just the one. i mean do you think it's two worth the extra $900 ish to put in or do u think ill be ok with just the one sub. and also what did u do for an alternator lol. i have a 200 amp one that ill be puttin in.

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 105
?

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 177
I'm sorry dude, I just got back from San francisco. 1 15" x.x.x. is crazy loud so you can imagin how loud 2 can be!! I hardly ever bumped it to its full potential( twice ) so having 2 subs was definitely a waste of money for me. I only bumped it louder than when I had 1 sub just to show it off to my friends. 1 15" will be plenty !!LOUD!! As for the alternator, beleive it or not, I was running the stock alternator with 1 15" x.x.x. and my lights would not even dimm 1 bit. This was with the Infinity 1210a 1300 x 1 @ 2 ohms, class D, amp. However when I got the 2nd sub I had my local race shop modify my alt to 260 amps. Yuo'll be al'right with that 200 amp alt.
Hurry up and hook up your sh1t so you can let me know how your amp bumps.:-)

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 107
aight thanks, thats sick that your stock alt could run that sub. I just gotta wait till my jl comps to get in, they should be here in a couple of days, then ill let ya know how it sounds

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 188
Whats up with that set-up Richard ?I finally made up my mind and decide to get the Orion 1200d. I got it for $350 brand new, not bad huh? cheapest I saw it around the net was like $470 new + shipping. Now I just gotta wait on that sub to get here, hopefully in 2 weeks. Keep me posted on your set up( since you'll have it set up before me) lates.

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 111
ehh my friend was gonna do it this weeekend but he cant now.. im pissd! buut yeah thats awesome bout your amp ..$350 brand new.. i paid 430 shipped lol. im hopin for early next week now to get everything in.... my systems been takin forever... i got by sub in late january!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us