Sub box

Silver Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 318
One quick question : what product do u use in a subwoofer box??? I'm from canada, so if anyone could give me the name off a product that i can buy from reno depot or home depot, it would be great. Thx a bunch

Volvo 2NT
Unregistered guest
3/4" MDF

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 321
ok
But what do u use as to block the air from comming out. Something like fatmat, but i have to buy it in canada

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 182
the wood glue will do a good enough job of sealing the box, if your cuts are clean that is, or you can use silicon, spray the inside with a sound deadener or a layer of fiberglass resin.

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 322
thx guys :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 68
when you say a layer of fiber glass resin...is it a spray, or sheets that you use a special glue to stick it too the wood? i saw something like sheets of fiberglass. thanks.

goon

Silver Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 188
no, just the resin, you can spray it or brush it, depends on the box. all it does is seal everything up and it provides some sound deadening.

if you use the sheets with the resin, your pretty much making a fiberglass enclosure, inside a MDF one.

marckm05
Unregistered guest
When I made mine, I used wood glue as well as caulking on all of the joints to seal it all up any cracks.

Silver Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 194
that'll work as well, just make sure you let the box sit and air out for a while, the fumes from different sealants can cause damage to sub surrounds and other parts.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us