RE SX 12 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 486
IT CAME IN TODAY!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS CHA CHING!! it sounds freakin awesome too, but i havent really turned it up all the way. pushing it with an orion XTR 1000 class d mono block from 1991 0r 92. in a 2.5 cuft slot ported box tuned to 28 hz. DAMMIT I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! ok just wanted to let yall know. if yall have any ideas on breaking it in, LET ME KNOW! lata

Silver Member

Post Number: 487
ok well it slams really hard if u wanted to know lol. how come RE didnt send anything with the sub? no papers or anything. THEY DIDNT EVEN SEND ME A FREAKIN STICKER! just an alan wrench for the terminal. wut gives? i wanna know all the T/S parameters of it so i can make a better box maybe using winISD.

Bronze Member
Username: Chenzevy

Post Number: 49
HOW MANY WATTS RMS ARE YOU PUSHIN IT WITH?

IM DECIDIN ON EITHER AN SE OR SX I WANNA ONLY USE ABOUT 600-750RMS SO I DONT HAVE TO UPGRADE ANY ELECTRICAL STUFF

Silver Member

Post Number: 490
im using the orion XTR 1000 its 1000rms at 1 ohm and thats wut i have the vc's wired for. dual 2 ohm vc's run in parallel.

Bronze Member
Username: Chenzevy

Post Number: 50
DID YOU UPGRADE ANYTIHNG IE. ALTERNATOR BATTERY ETC..

IS YOUR ELECETRIACL SYSTEM OK?
HOM MANY AMPS IS YOUR ALTERNATOR

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 122
lol wat does the re stand 4

Bronze Member
Username: Udai

Post Number: 95
resonant engineering..

Silver Member

Post Number: 492
ok i didnt upgrade anything electrical except for a cap, but i did that before i knew any better, but i still use it. im using a stock 105 amp alt. on my 94 chevy silverado, yea the 350 lol. and just a regular duralast bat from auto zone. my volt guage on my dash does move a little but i plan to get a new alt soon. and maybe a optima yellow top.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 485
hey johnny,

glad to hear that you like the SX12. does it sound pretty clean in that box tuned to 28hz?

i havnt got to hear my SX15 since i was down there at MGNs. i'm bout to go crazy...i'm drivin around in a truck w/ 4.5cu ft box where the back seat used to be and NO BASS!

i had to give my friends amp back to him and i built him a ported box for his 2 12" memphis subs. i have yet to hear my SX15 in anything other than the box i had that was tuned to 44hz. As soon as i get another amp, i'm gonna tune that box to 32hz...i want some deeper bass.

Silver Member

Post Number: 493
wuts up marshall, dude that SX 12 SLAMS in that box! it hits some pretty low bass. almost like hams 1 L7 did. i put that cd with the burts in that u gave me, HOLY SH!T, that thing can push some air. i need to stop turning it up loud though, i dont know if its completely broken in yet. o yeah, that orion amp is the sh!t.
i tried to murder murder kill kill by Mac, but it makes my CD player skip.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 486
good to hear it man...i love my SX15 too. what HU do you have, i dont remember.

my SX kinda surprized me at nats. i figured that box was only good for 142-43. That 145 that i did the nite b4 nats caught me off guard, i didnt think that box could get that loud. i'm looking for 147 soon.

just as soon as i sell that brahma 10" i'm gonna get a kicker kx1200.1 for my SX15. and if all goes well...maybe i'll have 2 sx15s and 2 kx1200.1's by the end of this summer :-)

oh...i read that post about your buds SX15 getting fried. that sux man.

Silver Member

Post Number: 494
yea dude really, i cant believe that he fried it so soon.lol
i just got an old sh!tty kenwood cd player. dude if u get that kx 1200.1, tell me cuz i might still want that JBL, i dont know for sure because if i have enuff money before then ima get an orion like roberts cuz it pushes that 12 good. holla at me on AIM

Silver Member
Username: Scab12886

Post Number: 124
i see that a few people on this thread have an SX, how much power would i need to power one 12 inch SX? i was hoping/trying to avoid having to get a new alternator and everything so i wasn't sure if i would be able to have the SX if it needs a lot of power. any input about this sub and the power it needs would be great. also if anyone knows anything good or bad about the SE, i would love to hear about that sub too. i'm assuming that would need less power so i may downgrade to that one. i still haven't made a final decision so i'm looking for input from anyone. thanks in advance.

Bronze Member
Username: Udai

Post Number: 99
Your answers basically gona look like this:
Port the SX and it will love you
Seal the SE and you will love it
se = more sq oriented
sx = spl oriented
If you want to worry less about your charging system go for the SE.. im driving a honda civic (shitty charging system) and from what ive gathered.. 600w is around the limit..
Its what id do.. end up spending less on the amp, alt (if needed), and sub itself.

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
thanks mo. i think i may go with the SE afterall. i wanted to go with a sealed box to begin with to save some space. how much power do you think i should give the SE? is 500-600 watts a good amount? and do you know of any good places to buy boxes, b/c i don't want to make my own. thanks again, and in advance for any further info.

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 136
how good of sq does the sx have...cause i want good sound qualtiy with better spl lol(so i can understand what its playin lol)

Silver Member

Post Number: 497
i love the way my SX 12 sounds. at real high volumes it kinda gets a lil distorted some wut, but i LOVE it anyways. KORN FREAKIN SLAMS HARD ON IT!! of course i have it in a 2,5 cuft box slot ported and tuned to 28 hz. i think ima build a new box soon though and tune it to 30 hz.

Silver Member

Post Number: 126
how much power would a 12 inch SE need? is 500-600 watts good? and where is a good place to get a sealed box for it? thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 178
Think yall guys could help me with some dimension on a box for this SX 15" for my buddy. I have never built a box and dont know how to figure for ports and all. He is wanting to build the box to RE specs wich is 3.5cu ft@32hz. I will be using 3/4 MDF on this. Any help would be apreciated.

Silver Member

Post Number: 507
just look on the site, they tell u the port lengths and box size.

Bronze Member
Username: W00b

Post Number: 27
anyone wanna make some money and maybe build a box for me, tune it to 28Hz and ship it to me? you can pm me if you are interested.. or just reply to this thread..thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 509
where do u live? wuts your screen name?

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 181
they dont tell the port lenght and all for the 15". I second that about building the box and shipping it to me. Email me @ Mr_Kebo@hotmail.com

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 182
or msg me on msn with that email.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 515
If one of you want...I could built you a box to RE's specs. Or to fit your needs.

email me it yall wanna get a box:
marshall_white2004@yahoo.com

tell me how much space you have to work w/ in your car and i'll design you one and build it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us