Kicker Amp Wiring Kit Question

Username: Korwatt

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone I am going to order this Kicker amp here:
http://www.cardomain.com/item/KIC04KX4502

Can someone please point me in the right direction for what wiring kit it needs.

This is the sub I am going to hook it up to:
http://www.cardomain.com/item/KIC05DC102

Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 164
4 gauge will work fine. Wire is wire don't spend big $$ for some top name brand. Some brands have thicker plastic covering on the wire. Check out the amp kits good some have more things and some have less.

I have not heard that amp or the subs so I can't help there. I might be wrong. I think the sub box is wired down at 2 ohms. The site says Single 2-Ohm Load at Terminal Cup. The box has two subs, so most likely the subs are each single voice coils at 4ohms. The power handling: 300W RMS the site does not say if this is for each or both subs. I think it for both subs.

That amp is only recommended at 4 ohms bridged. So hooked up the way the box is wired will be a 2 ohms load bridged. This will be up to you if you want to try it. It might work and just get a little warm. Then it might put the amp into protect mode, blow the fuse, or fry the amp. Also this way will push to many watts to the subs.

Just something to think about.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1864
both subs together is 300 rms i believe, thats how they market packages like that, but yea, your going to have a big problem wiring this together. you need to take of the terminal cap of the box and then you need to run the wired of the subs from the inside to the outside, each sub to each channel on the amp, instead of the way the box comes wired, also yea go with 4 gauge, but smaller will work as well, but when you buy wiring, the bigger strand count, the better, if you habvent already puchased this tell us a price range and we can pick somen out for you thatwill work

Username: Korwatt

Post Number: 2
Thanks for your input. I have not yet bought the amp or sub. If either of you could recommend me a better enclosed sub that would work better, and not be a such as hassle for me. Since I am on a limited budget I am looking between 200 - 600 USD for now. Also it would help to know what wiring kit I should buy, and it would be nice if it had RCA Cables included with it.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1874
well if your interested, for 500 plus shipping i habve 2 12 inch RF p3's i could build you a nice dual 12 inch sealed enclosure built to specs of the company with an audiobahn A1300HCT amp. that would be roughly 600 watts rms to each sub and would poound HARD and ill do all that for 500 plus shipping if your interested
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us