Please Help Me!

Bronze Member
Username: Chris_baller

Midland, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 37
I need to put my HU, amp and subs in my new 2002 cavalier. I was going to bring it in to get done but they want like $500. So i figured somebody on here can help me. So here's the situation i have to install this stuff but i want to keep my door chimes but don't want to have to keep my factory HU, if this is possible? If not possible and as second option how can i install my amp and subs to the factory deck? Any suggestions are welcome. A little off topic but what is the "best" name brand out there for sound quality?

Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 2
First, doesn't the door chime sound through its own individual speaker mounted somewhere under the steering column? If it does require the head unit to use the door chime, then you would have a few choices, none of which I would suggest:to hardwire some RCA jacks out of the factory head unit itself, or to use a seperate unit to convert the speaker wire leads to RCA jacks(the sound quality is pretty bad). Then again, you might be able to do more with the wire leads, such as hook them up directly to the amplifier itself, although i've never tried that before(there seems to be an input on one of my amps that accepts wire leads-if anybody else here knows more about this, i'd like to know). There might be some other ways, but as far as I can tell, there really isn't an easy way to do it.

My favorite sound quality brands are Nakamichi and McIntosh. You might be able to find those kind of names used from ebay within your price range, i'm not entirely sure. But bang for the buck, I recommend Panasonic all the way.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us