Need new amp

Anonymous

Only looking to spend $200 canadian max. Looking for sound quality not necessarily Big sound just clear with enough thump that car lights in the rear view mirror get blury when it hits. Also wondering about the ones on ebay that claim to have 1200-2000 watts and stuff made by crap brands like legacy, cuspid and pyle to name a few. Should i just stay away from those and look for real brand name like JL audio 300 watts and if that is even in my price range.

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 370
definitely stay away from those brands.
here's a good starting point for some good brands.
what sub do you have? what is the RMS rating? how many ohms?
C$200 = US$165.

Bronze Member
Username: Chris_baller

Midland, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 35
sadly i have two 12" legacy subs 600 watts each 2ohms

Bronze Member
Username: Chris_baller

Midland, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 36
i do plan to upgrade my subs within the next three months as well to 2 12W0, unless you can give a better brand.

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 386
chris, are those dual voice coil or single voice coil subs? is that 600 watt rating max or RMS? if it's max, ignore it and find the RMS ratings. for example, if the RMS rating per sub is 200watts then you will need an amp that puts out about 400watts. if they are single voice coil 2ohm subs you can wire them to either a 1ohm or 4ohm total load to the amp, in which case look for either a 2 channel amp that puts out the required RMS rating bridged @ 4ohms or look for a monoblock amp that puts out the required power @ 1ohm.
JL makes great products, they are overpriced in my opinion but it's great stuff. the W0 is their bottom end line and wont be very loud, but it will sound much better than the legacy subs. here's a list of some good "bang for your buck" subs.
personally, i think think the Atlas by www.ascendantaudio.com is one of the best buys out there and it only needs 250 to 350 watts so you can save $ on the amp too.

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 387
also, when on a budget, many would agrue that it is best to get one good sub instead of two mediocre subs. just a thought.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us