What to do?!

Bronze Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 95
heyy!

i got all my stuff cept for speakers... i dont really know what i need lol. I have a 1997 ford f-150 Lariat, 15" X.X.X and a orion 1200d and a clarion DXZ945MP(it should be installed within the next 2 weeks ish). and i have 2 sets of kicker DX57's in the doors right now (they sound ok but when i turn my subs up they sound like sh!t. now, i need some speakers. do i get 2-way componants or 3-way? id like to spend about 300$ ish. and i cant really listen to anything cuz i live in Gilford NH.. not too much here for car audio lol. i have two amps:
Alpine Mrd-M301
350W x1 RMS @2 ohms (14.4 V)
175W X1 RMS @ 4 ohms (14.4 V)

and an Alpine Mrv-t420
170W X2 RMS @ 2 ohms (14.4 V)
75W X2 RMS @ 4 ohms (12 V)
110W X2 RMS @ 4 ohms (14.4 V)
.... i would like to use those amp(s) on the speakers... anyone have an ideas?

Bronze Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 97
jonathan.... or anyone?

Bronze Member
Username: Steelheadgoof

Fairfield, California US

Post Number: 46
jl xr650csi. amazing sound, 220 on ebay

Bronze Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 98
thanks, so do i need 2-way components, and put them in the 2 front doors, and leave nothing in the back doors?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3570
2 ways will work well. Rear speakers aren't necessary unless you're trying to impress passengers, and on a budget you're better off investing the money in the front speakers, which are far more important. For the price range, the JL Xrs are great, also Adire Audio Kodas, CDT HD series, Infinity Kappa Perfects are all great and in that price range online.

Bronze Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 99
ok thanks jonathan but, with those two amps i have, could i use them? how would i wire them, and what rating would i go by( 12v or 14.4v)?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3575
All those sets will work well with the power presented, as far as the rating at 12V or 14.4V, it depends on how much your alternator puts out. I go by 12V to err on the safe side, you'll be guaranteed that much power, the average alternator produces an output ranging from upper 13 to low 14 volts.

Bronze Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 100
ok thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us