Scosche problems

Username: Andy1984

Saint Louis, Missouri USA

Post Number: 6
I hooked up a 300 w Scosche amp to my sony xplods. The rms for the amp is like 219/245, one of the xplods peak at 1100 and the other at 1300. The 1100 watt 12" is an older model that I got from wal-mart. The 1300 12" is a newer speaker with the tornado like shape to it. I got it from best buy. The rms on the newer model is like 380w. The older model is 340 I think. Both are 4 ohms, and I bridged the amp channels. The speakers are in a ported bandpass box by q-logic. I have the bridged channels running to both speakers. When I try to run the amp, the cars elec system cuts completely off. I went to have the battery and alternator checked but they are both good. So what could the problem be, all the fuses are still intact. I am very lost right now. The car is a 93 ford thunderbird, 3.8 li non-supercharged. battery 750 cold cranking amps, alternator 75 amp. could it be the voltage regulator.

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 801
Check your connections at the battery posts. A bad connection is the only way I see your car's ENTIRE electrical system shutting down.

-Fishy

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2180
Check for rust near/at the ground/battery etc. Bad connection will cut current flow. You won't notice it till a load draws high current.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us