My 15" doesnt seem as loud as it should?? help?

Bronze Member
Username: Johnnysanz3

Post Number: 17
I got a 15" Audiobahn High Excursion aw1500q sub that is 800 watts rms wired at 2 ohms to a audiobahn a8000t which should be pushing 800 watts at 2 ohms, It doesnt seem to be as loud as i thought it would be, i have a q-logic sealed box(type 2 i think) which is 2.25 cu ft of volume. I only have the gain and volume turned up halfway, cuase i dont think i should have to turn it up all the way to get the bass i desire, I have the x-over to low pass frequency and have it set at roughly 80 or 90, I odnt really know what I should set the frequency at? any ideas? And plus, does it need time to break in before I set the gain and evrythin where i want? and whats a good way to set the amp gain and volume correctly?

dave21
Unregistered guest
needs time to break in plus its audiobahn. they overrate their products. plus those q-logic box sux. on serious note check wiring. maybe not really wired to 2 ohm. also should set gain right and if u want loud u have to turn up the volume....

Username: Mrcoddy

Taber, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 2
best way to set your gain is to turn it all the way down, then set your volume to the amount youll most listen to it at. once you have it there turn yuor gain up slowly until you hear it start to distort, once you hear distortion turn it down a little and you should be set. For frequency best fo a sub that size would probibly 150Hz and down. Hope this helps

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
ok, the frequency setting is 50-120, so sholud i turn it all the way up to 120?...and what does distortion from a subwoofer sound like? like lots of stuff rattles in my car so i really dont kno what distortion from a subwoofer sounds like since its all bass....

Juggernaut
Unregistered guest
You Said it right Johnny shold be pushing 800 most likly 400

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1877
Woah, 50 - 120? What exactly are all your filters set at?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
on the amp the range i can adjust it is 50 to 120

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
i ditched that stupid plastic ring on the crappy q-logic box i have, and it seems to have sealed better, so im gonna see if that makes it sound better
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us