Build me a system Please

Username: Sal329

West Palm Beach, FL

Post Number: 1
I am looking to add a system in my 99 4 door Accord. I need help in choosing Head Unit, amp, Subs... Where can i get these from? Anywhere in S FL or online I can get a box? Head unit I was looking into an Alpine maybe something with XM, amp JL 1000/1 and a 12" Adire Brahma Sub??? Suggestions please...

Bronze Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 12
XM just upped their price so now they are the same price as Sirius, I suggest you get a brochure for each and see which one has more channels on it that you like.

And JL would be a great choice for a sub.

For everything else, use ebay. Also, if you can get a Crutchfield magazine, you would be able to compare headunits a lot easier. You're leaving us with too much of a choice for the system you want. What do you want your system to do? Sound good? Look good? Have a lot of user friendly features?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1867
sal, are you looking for sq, spl, looks, how much are you wanting to spend, do you need us to pick out boxes, amps, subs, Hu, wiring kits, tv moniters, what all do you want, what is your price range, i would also suggest posting this in the sub section, you will get alot more response or just email me and ill do alot of it

bebuzzin11@hotmail.com

West Palm Beach, FL

Post Number: 2
I guess I should have added all that info huh... I am looking for something that sounds real good, nice clean, clear bass and matching vocals. Looks dont really matter to me a nice plain headunit would be fine. No tv's or anything like that. Im looking to spend up to $1800.00.

Username: Iceflamekilla

Hartford, CT

Post Number: 10
A great head unit that Alpine discontinued was the CDA-9833 with the built-in V-Drive driving 26 RMS to each speaker. However, you can still find them lingering around the web for around $300, thats $200 less than the MSRP. It's ashame that they don't make any close to it in any of this years models. Plus most of this years head units offer only 2 volt preouts instead of the usual 4 volt. But for a great sound, i'd definitely recommend searching for it. As for an amp and some speakers, you won't be disappointed with JL. The amps are in a league of their own and the subs are sick. If you can hack up the dough, a JL Audio 12W7 is one of the best subs on the market, but they go for about $600. And as you already know, the 1000/1 goes for about $800. Although its quite an expense, you will not be disappointed by what you hear.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1888
Head Unit- Alpine CDA-9820XM $289.99
Wiring- Knuconcepts $100
Component Speakers- MB quarts $100-200
Component amp- JL e4300 $260
Sub(s)-2 12inch Eclipse Al 88120 models of course $230 each $500 for both DVC 4 ohm
Sub Amp- Ednine.1 fun at 1 ohm giving you 1200 watts rms 600 to each sub(subs highly underrated) $350

this would be a great sounding system! comes to like 1710, but i overpaid for everything here so you would save some, and you still need a box, but this would be amazing

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 448
get a eclipse cd5444 headunit on ebay. $300
get a jl 500/1 amp from www.onlinecarstereo.com for $439 shipped. Get 2 12W3v2's in a ported box or the jl H.O. box..look on ebay. Around $400.00. Finally get some dynamat with your extra money and install it professionaly at a jl dealer. I can guarantee it will sound clean as any 2 subs. That is a nice SQ setup.

West Palm Beach, FL

Post Number: 5
Thanks everyone...

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 481
why should he get a 5444 when he can get one of the new 5 volt head units for under 300 with a 3 yr warranty.....

then i would get 1 eclipse ti or RE XX.X and a jbl gto 1201.1 get the amp for 289 off ebay and the sub for 300 off ebay (RE is hard to find there though)

then you have a system that will regulate MO's :-) and end up cheaper

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 482
CD5425 eclipse @ cartoys 269.98
jbl gto 1201.1 289 ebay indo audio
eclipse ti 12 319 ebay
ported box 75

so you are at 950 ish before installation although that car toys price may include installation

aslo this head unit is sirius compatible and i dont think the 5444 is

this system would give more sq and spl imo and save a decent amount of cash probably around 200 bucks

ps MO im just giving you a hard time, you still diggin the 8454? im lookin at gettin the 8445 with the sirius radio

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1893
my idea still stands to be the best lol

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 490
sub youre idea is far from the best lol .... why would he get that jl amp when he could get a top of the line eclipse or another brand for less money?

and eclipse head units would crush the 9820 as well

your suggestion is not a bad one but a PA4212 is a superior amp

also I would go the route of 1 ti instead of 2 alums but thats just me

although he would have to get sirius instead of xm

so sub how is the jl amp better than a 4212 and how is the apine 9820 better than even a new 5 series eclipse head unit :-)

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1938
what, i never said that it would be better than either of those, but i said that my all around idea was the best one on here, you build a complete system from him my all mighty man

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 491
my idea
8454 off ebay ( i just bought one for 340 today)
eclipse PA4212 229 woofersetc (prob cheaper on ebay)
mb quarts components on ebay 150
jbl gto 1201.1 289 ebay
1 eclipse ti 12" 350
custom ported box 100
knu wiring 100
alumapro 5 farad cap 240

for a total of 1510 200 cheaper b4 shipping then your suggestion plus it inclued the box

i understand he wants satellite radio so he can adjust that either to a new eclipse or alpine etc thats just what i would do with that cash

i think it would sound very similar to yours but possibly a bit louder,

anyways i was just messin with ya cause you said your idea was the best

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1966
what are the ratings on that amp, and everything i said was brand new, not ebay, and i still overpaid for everything, and my system would sound better, and hit a little lighter than the TI, but the al's would sound much better, i own both, i have a 10 inch al and a 15 inch Ti, i know eclipse better than anyone on this site prolly

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 492
I bet i know eclipse just as well as you do, considering i have owned everything they have except ti pros and that includes stuff never released in america including speakers components amps head units subs eq's cd changers etc etc

and everything i said was new as well, your system would not sound much better the Ti is atleast equal to the alums in my opinion a 15 ti might not sound as nice as a 10 inch alum but with a 12 it would be close

and my prices included a box and a bad a$$ cap.....for 200 cheaper than yours

but who cares us eclipse fans gotta stick together lol

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 493
but if you want go ahead and take a poll from the experts on this site....

what would sound better my system with an 8454 or yours with a 9820

I think you already know how that vote would end up

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1971
idk about the vote lol, but yea dude we gotta stick together lol, ECLIPSE RULES lol

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 494
did you figure out what box to put your eclipse in yet or are you still building it?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1978
idk, im working on the plans, but im a dumba$$ pothead lol, so i cant figure it out, im tryig to do 5.25 cubic feet, ported, but i cant get the port down

FocalFan
Unregistered guest
Go with Focal components, and Directed/Orion/PPI (all the same) amps, it'll be expensive but you can't get much nicer.

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 495
dude whatever this is 2005 Directed orion ppi is not top of the line anymore

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2066
not PPI, orion is stil pretty nice
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums