"Got Amp?"

Bronze Member
Username: Bobo123

Post Number: 95
Well I don't. Isaac, what is a good amp I can get for around $150-$200 NIB on an online site such as wooferect, etronics, hookedontronics, (so on and so on). As you know I have had bad luck with ebay, but still don't want to pay retail price. I aslo know an amp I can get for this price will not be a PPI PC/Art or Orion G4 quality. I want 75 watts at 12v or 100 watts at 14.4 volts (just somthing around that power range). The amp will power CDT-CL61 component set. So please feel free list as many amps as you want or just curse me for asking you so many questions. Thanks

dave21
Unregistered guest
You could get an Audiobahn A4002t. It's
100wattsx2 at 4ohm. It's only 160 @ Onlinecarstereo.com. Pretty decent amp for the money even tho it is an audiobahn. Also there is the MTX MXA4002 which puts out 100wattsx2 at 4ohm. $200
There is also the Phoenix Gold Octane R 4.0:2 which puts out 75 watts.
Also a lot of MTX amp (MTX thunder 342 , acaraudio.com) and Alpine mrv T320 T420 amp that are under $200. There is the Kicker KX350.2 which puts out a bit more than 100 wattsx2. these are a few pretty decent amps.
If you search you could probably get a PPI PCX amp for under $200.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2148
Brian, with your CDT components, the best amp is PPI's PC/PCX or Art series/Orion's HCCA G4 amp.
I've checked out some of the online sites and lot of them carry lower brands that yield high profit margins such as Sony/Pyramid/Lanzar/Pyle etc.
The ones that do carry PPI/Orion/Zapco, they want over $400.
So if your budget is only $200, then eBay is your only choice.
Adam on here is selling his PPI PCX 4125 amp. It's 125w x 2. Will work well with your CDT.
Check the posts on PPI here. I've seen it. I think he still has it on sale.

Bronze Member
Username: Bobo123

Post Number: 99
Thats whay I thought. I think I have found a good deal on a used PC4200. I guess I'll end up getting it and bridging the chanels to get 100w x 2. It still offers the 24db/octave rca out for my sub amp. The high pass is only 12db/octave. Still better than most. Thanks for all the help Isaac. Also I think I'm gonna follow in a few of you guys footsteps and get a 250G4 for my sub amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us