CDA-9833 10 gauge cable to battery

Username: Yunier2002

Post Number: 1
I have an accord 98 and I'm trying to connect the 10 gauge cable straight to the battery but I don't see any opening or space to pass the cable from the receiver to the battery. Does anyone have experience with accords and know how can I do this? Also, where exactly do I connect the cable to the battery?

Post Number: 2
anyone??

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 158
You can hook it to the fuse box or anything under the dash that's hot. Receivers don't need to go to the battery. Straight to the battery will work just as good but it's more trouble. Try around the firewall near the break petal a hole should be there.

Post Number: 3
Thanks Donald but what you mean but anything that's hot? Sorry but I'm a newbie and I'm trying to learn. How can I connected to the fuse box and which one? The end of my cable has a ring terminal so I don't know how to do it since all I see is harnesses and cables and nowhere to connect the ring. I was trying to get it to the battery because that's what the instruction says because the receiver has an internal amplifier and draws to much power. Plase help me out and specify a little bit more. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 162
If the instruction say go to the battery, then it might be best to hook to the battery. If the end of the cable has a ring terminal and the receiver has an internal amplifier it might need to go to the battery. What size fuse does the head unit have?

Post Number: 4
I think the fuse is 25. So, where exactly is the firewall because I can't find any hole around the break pedal to pass the cable through.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us