Hifonics Amps

Silver Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 173
Today I recommended a Hifonics amp to a friend who is running two 12" Type-R's. When I did he and another guy were like "No way, they suck" I thought hifonics made pretty good amps. He chose an MTX over it. I was wonderin if anyone had any comments on the quality of hifonics amps because I think I am gonna buy one. Also, how well do they perform at 1 ohm?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1779
they are good for the money, i would take MTX

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2062
I would look into other amps that are stable at 1 ohm before hifonics. Kicker are good amps, so is JBL and they are both stable at 1ohm.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2127
Before you buy Hifonics, take a look at Boss amps. You'll see a similar pattern. Same applies to Alphasonik and Audiobahn.

name
Unregistered guest
I have a hifonics brutus 1500d powering a jl12w7 and it pounds. Have had no trouble.

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 797
From what I hear the problem with current Hifonics stuff is not how well they perform, but if they perform at all. Apparently they've had some reliability issues, but when they do work they work well.

I remember when the original 10w6's came out(6 ohm dvc). I heard 3 of them in a Z-28 powered by a Thor(I think) pushing 400 watts bridged into 4 ohms and it was sick loud. This was back in the very early 90's before the advent of monster Class D monoblocks and super high excursion subs and it shook Speaker Warehouse's plate glass windows to a point where I thought they might implode.

I know their stuff ain't what it used to be, but the amp I heard that day was no poser.

-Fishy

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1244
they have a lot of problems withreliebility, but work pretty nice when they do, i have on and i am happy with it. it doest what i need it to.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2070
yeah your happy with it now Hunter but you wernt to happy with it about a month ago! The older stuff is much much better then the new stuff.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrdark

Post Number: 65
as with everythang

Bronze Member
Username: Mrdark

Post Number: 66
^^^as with everythang

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 152
all hifonics amps are over rated and a lot of people will agree, I had the brutus 1500 with a 15"mtx 9500 about six months ago and it hrdly puonded that sub, then I tried it with my brother-in-law's mtx 1501 amp and ,whoa, what a difference. i cloud actually hear the sub bumping.Don't go Hifonics, there are a lot of other cheap alterrnatives.

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 178
well I need something to push a 12" triple X and I only have 400 dollars max to spend on it. I could only go over w/ the shipping and handling

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2074
Orion HCCA 275G4 I beleve there is one on ebay right now. Also look into the PPI a1200.2:-)

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 456
yeh max ther's a bit of difference. The hifonics puts out around 1200 and up watts. The mtx puts out around 1600-up watts. But you're right. The mtx is a way of better build quality than hifonics

Silver Member
Username: Rob_brown

Post Number: 206
eD nine.1 :-)

Silver Member
Username: Rob_brown

Post Number: 207
eD nine.1 :-)

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 184
you talkin bout the MTX 1501D amp? puts out around 1600watts?

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1245
but he would have to run the 1501 at 2 ohms because it isnt very stable at 1 ohm, unless modified. true i wasnt happy with it 1 month ago. i wasnt around for the good "old" hifonics stuff james, not everyone here is 90 like you. lol gramps

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2090
hahahahahahha you FU$KER

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1859
MTX 1501D doesn't put out + 1600 watts rms, and Hunter is right, they are stable at 1 ohm but they don't like it if you run 'er hard. My buddy had one, got pretty fricken hot at times.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2152
Ok if you guys find amps pretty fricken hot at times, maybe you all need a gf!!! :-)

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1866
Haha, funny especially coming from the amp man himself.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2094
hahahahaha

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1831
wow isaac, im seeing a side of you ive never seen, i love it, screw Ru! lol

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2100
Hey sub watch it! thats my girl, and a few other people in here's as well. what a wh0re she/he is! lol

Juggernaut
Unregistered guest
I can't believe some of the amp you guys have MTX JBL BOSS HIFONIC before i put that junk in my ride i would rather have just the head unit

Juggernaut
Unregistered guest
Never use A Japanees amp for SUB's ( PLAY HARD )

Gold Member

Post Number: 2154
Hey I'm giving you everyone a free SEXY Orion HCCA 275G4 amps today only!!!!!!!

April fools!

:-)

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 186
well, those amps fit my budget best, unless anyone knows of an amp that puts out that many watts for the same price and is better

Username: Rupaul

The big apple, Ny The us of a

Post Number: 7
im not a who.re you sick as.sholes. and i am NOT a HE. im going to kill you james, i thought we had something, your not half the man your wife is. i GOT you GOOD F*CKER!!!!!! suck on that.

Isaac kind of made a funny. he is joing the dark side of ecoustics, next thing you know jon, will call someone a hermapherdyte. shake your jon jons, shake your jon jons. :-) hey subf, your pretty in pink (my pink)

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2103
My wife's a man? SH!T I was wondering why she wouldnt let me get into her boxer briefs this whole time. wait why is she wearing boxer briefs? sh!t dude your F'ing right! F#CK! lol I love you RU will you please forgive me?

WH0RE!:-)

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1883
"Next thing you know jon, will call someone a hermapherdyte"

I don't know why, but hermapherdyte sounds really funny to me.

Btw ru, it's hermaphrodite not hermapherdyte.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1251
god your so stupid ru. but i love you. i bet you looked how to spell that.if you didnt then your sick. i have question for you guys, if you were a hermaphrodite would you f*ck yourself? i bet i would try.

Bronze Member
Username: Opie_har

Somewhere, One of them USA

Post Number: 43
What does this have to do with hifonics amps????

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1890
Everything?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us