Kenwood KVT 911 in 2003 Chevy Tahoe

Anonymous

I have a 2003 Chevy Tahoe and had an in-dash dvd unit, the Kenwood KVT 911 installed. I noticed that I could barely hear any sound from the rear speakers, unless I adjust the fader almost all the way to the rear, and then turn up the volume very high in order to make the fronts and rears sound even. When I brought it back to the place of purchase and install, they told me that that is just how it is in my truck, because the Bose speaker system that came with my Tahoe is very finicky, and that there is no way around this other than to buy all new speakers that are not bose. Is this true? There's gotta be a way to make it work correctly. Please, any help!

Anonymous

anybody?

Silver Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 203
sounds about right with bose systems.

Unregistered guest
Check to see if oyu have the 2zone speaker setup on under the setup screen, and if you do turn up the setting. Or you can turn it off and use all 4 speakers at the same volume.

Elite Pets
Unregistered guest
I have a KENWOOD KTV 911 and had to change the battery in my car, now my unit will not work without the code. I can't remember the code and can't find it written anywhere. I called KENWOOD and they want to charge me $50.00 (what a rip off) and it will take over a week to fix because they are back logged. Does anyone know how I can reset the code myself so I can save myself the time and expense. Thank you

Anonymous

I have a 2004 Tahoe w/o the Bose system and have the same problem (quiet rear speakers) after installing aftermarket deck (Alpine CDA-9851) and even replacing the stock rear speakers (with Alpine SPS-130A). Is this a bad wiring problem, impedance problem or what? Anybody have any ideas?

Anonymous

hey elite pets the default code is CKAR or KCAR one of those good luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us