Hey Isaac!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2042
I bought my 250 g4 today for $275 shipped. not a bad deal. it should be at my house in about 3 days I cant wait to hook it up to my avalanche:-)

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2104
Whoa, that's a great deal! Guess you're FINALLY joining the G4 club.
So far 2 amps make my speakers move/dance, PPI 600.2 and G4.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2043
well I am retiring the a600 for now while I put in the G4 I think the extra 200 watts is really gonna compliment my system nicely:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2107
I've been alternating between 600.2 and G4 amp. So far from my testing, there's a little extra oomph with G4. It could just be the higher power on the amp.
What I like about the G4 is, NO FAN! Very quiet in the car.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2044
yeah I cant wait to see how they knuckle up against each other.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2050
I am also interested in the regulated vs unregulated power supply difference as well. I think with my charging system I should get a good amount over the underrated 800 RMS also. I typically run around 13.0-13.5 at idle with my system turned up fairly high and with a little bit of gas I run at 14.4 so that should be a nice way to hear that G4:-)

skyliner17
Unregistered guest
Hey where did u buy that from. thats a good deal. also would u recommend buying at $299 refurbished. or should i wait.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2109
If you could get your internal voltage above 14v, you will get much more than 800w.
If you ever decide to separate the highs, mids and lows, G4 will make an excellent amp. The HPF can be set to cut off at 2.5KHz, bandpass for mids @ 500Hz - 5K, and LPF 20Hz - 500Hz.
I have not found an amp that give you those choices.
From my observation, regulated ps give you what you expect, and unregulated ps is like getting the same as regulated but with an extra hidden surprise. This is why 50w rms @4ohms on G4 sounds much louder than most 100w amp.

Skyliner17, I'd wait till you find either a "new" or "used" amp before trying the refurbished. The way I see it, a good used amp is still very useful cause it hasn't been abused. The ones that have been, become refurbished (most of the time).
However, G4 refurbished is better than lot of the current amps on sale.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2054
"Hey where did u buy that from. thats a good deal. also would u recommend buying at $299 refurbished. or should i wait."

I found it on Ebay, contacted the seller through e-mail, he gave me his # I called him up and we came to an agreement of $275 shipped. I have been looking for this amp for a while now but I have not been in a hurry so I was able to wait a little bit and find a good deal. I am with Isaac on the whole refurbed amp idea. I would wait it out and find a used one. There is a brand new one on ebay for $475 I believe:-)

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1243
hey james are you willing to sell that ppi?

skyliner17
Unregistered guest
Alrite guys, i finally got a G4. I got a used but in mint condition 250 g4 for $300 shipped. can't wait to hook up to my components. right now i have a Audiobahn A4000t amp powering my infinity perfects components. it's alrite but i'm not getting full potential out of my components. it was just for temporarily use and i am returning it back to Circuit City.

skyliner17
Unregistered guest
Alrite guys, i finally got a G4. I got a used but in mint condition 250 g4 for $300 shipped. can't wait to hook up to my components. right now i have a Audiobahn A4000t amp powering my infinity perfects components. it's alrite but i'm not getting full potential out of my components. it was just for temporarily use and i am returning it back to Circuit City.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2141
Congradulations Skyliner17. Depending on your ears and quality of your songs, you should be able to hear a difference. Especially the mids and highs. In fact, almost all the highs should have much more depth and detail compared to A4000T amp.
Don't forget to play with the built in crossover settings on G4. You have purchased one of the very best amp ever built in the past.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2076
no Hunter I am gonna hod on to it its such a nice amp I am sure I will find a use for it in the future.I think I might run my mids and highs off of it actually and in that case i have a ppi pcx480 that i might think about getting rid of. I just dont know if I want to lose the ability to fade. I might take out my rears anyways. I dont know I think I might rewire my entire system.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2145
I also have 600.2 amp and not planning to sell any time soon. It's almost like a collector's item. Old and used yet very well made.
Orion G4, PPI PC2300.2, and PPI 600.2 are 3 type of amps that I will keep. You won't find too many amps that can compete with those.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2104
hey Isaac, I got my G4 and I have a few questions about it. 1) how do you hook up the remote ? and 2) if it didnt come with the mounting brackets how do I mount it? I can customize it somehow but is there an easy way that you have used? Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2163
The remote control will be hard to get cause Orion stopped making them for G4. I haven't tried the one for their current models. You will find that G4 doesn't really need one. Once you set the controls, it works very well.
If you didn't get the mounting brackets for the amp, then it's not a problem. Visit your local home depot/hardware store and pick up 4 "L" brackets for $1. Then screw them onto the 4 corners. The original bracket is made of soft aluminum. Bends easily. Not very practical.
Read the manual on setting the crossover controls. Unlike cheap amps, they actually work without over driving the amp/clipping.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2105
alright cool I am on my way down there right now. thanks man!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us