Mono amp

Username: Cbmudd

Post Number: 1
I have an Alpine MRP-M350 The specs say
Per channel into 2 ohms : 350W x 1
Per channel into 4 ohms : 200W x 1
Ok I under stand that, but the amp has two inputs. A left and a right and only one output.
The specs also say
Brigded into 2 ohms : 700W x 1
What does this mean????
If I have both inputs hooked up and a 2 ohm load am I getting 700 W or 350 W ???????
Any one familer with this Amp????

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 768
Where'd you get those specs?

Gotta be a misprint. You can't bridge a mono amp and after visiting Alpine's website I can definitely say that the MRP-M350 IS a mono amp and nowhere do the specs claim 700 watts.

That may be "music power", "max power", "peak power" or one of those other equally meaningless ratings. Unless its possible to stack two of those amps into a 2 ohm load someone made a booboo when they printed that spec sheet.

-Fishy

Post Number: 2
Got that right from the alpine web site. Just navigate to products - Amplifiers - Mono Amps -
MRP-M350 Then click on the more button. Scroll down to the power specs. I cant belive it but it does say bridged. I am going to call alpine tommoro

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 770
Yep they do say "bridged" which is misleading, but not any more than the "MAX Power" heading it falls under. I have no idea what this "EIAJ" thing refers to, but as far as I'm concerned any power rating for any amplifier that isn't an RMS rating is TOTALLY bogus, regardless of what capital letters they put after it.

-Fishy

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2089
That Alpine amp is a 200w rms amp @ 4ohms and 325w rms @ 2ohms (very skeptical).
They make good HUs but not power amps. I get a feeling Alpine is trying to follow Sony and Pyramid's marketing tactics. Confuse consumers with meaningless numbers.

Post Number: 3
Well all I know is that I had a ten inch JBL 4 ohm
gt seris woofer hooked up to it. It sounded real good. Then I cranked it up and it blew the woofer to shreeds. I now have a 4 ohm infinity reference 1030w and it sounds like crap. It sounds better
with a tweenty dollar radio shack 8 ohm woofer.

I think I might get another JBL but any other suggestions would be welcome. Do you think I can drive a 12 inch duel coil wired to two ohms. or would it be better to wire two 12's to two ohms.
I dont really need it to be something that will vibrate the nuts loose just want good base that will be tight on the kick drum and full range on bass guitars.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2110
If space is limited, then get a DVC sub. You don't need 2.
It is not easy blowing a sub with clean power. Most of the time when it happens, it's cause the amp/HU was clipping/distorting.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us