Amp just turns off

Bronze Member
Username: Abew330

Camarillo, Ca Usa

Post Number: 22
i have this power acoustick amp 988watt from bestbuy i think running a pair of l7 solo.. i have 6 or 4 ga wire (red) and 4 ga ground wire.. my head unit is one of those pioneer $500 stereos they came out i think last year is all silver with two faces

the setup i had worked for year and half and now halfmy red wires are a lil burnt at the ends and i keep blowing the fuse under my hood. and amp just turns off.. after i turn it up my fuse blows. my subs work when volume is low. i have them bridged

i checked to see if there was any wires touching but nothing.. i tired my amp without the subs nothing turned off.. oh yea i have a fosgate 200a 4ch amp for my door speakers.

i think maybe bad remote wire? or remote wire touching ground? what do u guys think it is!!????? please help!!!

Bronze Member

Camarillo, Ca Usa

Post Number: 23
this setup is on my freinds 95 cadi fleetwood

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 143
Your system has been working for a year and half with no problem. Have you changed anything or is it still the same? The in-line fuse at the battery needs to be the same or bigger than all the amps fuses combined. If the amp does not pop the fuse when the subs are not hooked up then your subs are grounding out or they are wired too low in ohms.

Bronze Member

Camarillo, Ca Usa

Post Number: 24
everything is the same no new or old stuff added. the fuse i had under the hood was milted had to get a new one. i think the fuse under the hood is 100amp. the power acuostick amp have i think 4 25amp fuses. the fosgate i dont think has one. i have the subs wired the same way.. nothing changed. what do u mean grounding out? the wires for my subs are touching ground?.. damn..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us