Mitsubishi CD Player Code Problem

Username: Chasfmill

Mauriceville, TX USA

Post Number: 1
Help, please. My son and I were adding a Bazooka speaker to his 2001 Mirage which we bought used recently. It has a factory CD deck with a theft protection feature. While looking for a source of power for the new amplifier, we pulled the radio fuse. Evidently this activated the theft prevention feature on the CD deck. Now when we try to use the CD/radio the display prompts us for "code," we believe it requires a four-digit code. The car came with no owner's manual so we have no idea what the code is. Can anyone help us? Is there a universal code or a factory code we can use to reactivate the CD player? Help, please.

Anonymous

A friend started with 0001 and went to 4323 before he found it, you can try that or goto the dealer ship and get it for about 30 bucks.

Username: Pcesar

Calhon , GA USA

Ok try this site, www.radio-code.com this will solve any problems on any radio security codes,the best of all is you can do it from home for less the 30 $$$ so let me know if you still need it or if this was usefull for you .

pcesar

Silver Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 199
take the radio back out and write the serial number down. then take it to the dealership.
just make sure they GIVE you the code.
otherwise they'll charge you for it if you need it again.

starting at 0001 won't work on the mitsubishi so well. after 3 tries the radio goes into locked mode then you have to leave the key and radio on for about an hour for it to unlock so you can try 3 more times. 5 hours of trying would only get you from 0001 to 0016. too much time for me.

Username: Svf

Post Number: 9
When i needed the code for my honda radio i just called up the dealer,

They asked for the information off the radio over the phone and gave me the Code.

No cost...

Unregistered guest
help...mitsubishi mirage LS 1999
battery died and radio too.
now have no music going crazy.
please cant someone tell if they may have access code.dealer wants $65.00 dollars and I'm broke.
PLEASE HELP...

Unregistered guest
i have a montero 98 forgot to turn the radio off when i dissconected the battery so now no music please help cant find no code any where called the dealer gave then the serial number but said no good its a fake one
please help

rodrigo torres
Unregistered guest
i have a montero sport 2000 i need the code for the radio. i lost mine and i can't hear to music anymore. please some one help and give me the code.

Anonymous

this was

already posted once but here it is again.

take the radio back out and write the serial number down. then take it to the dealership.
just make sure they GIVE you the code.
otherwise they'll charge you for it if you need it again.

starting at 0001 won't work on the mitsubishi so well. after 3 tries the radio goes into locked mode then you have to leave the key and radio on for about an hour for it to unlock so you can try 3 more times. 5 hours of trying would only get you from 0001 to 0016. too much time for me.

Unregistered guest
do you have to pull out the standard cd/radio in a 2000 Mitsubishi eclipes to get the radio code

Cra91
Unregistered guest
I got my code for free from the local dealership. Just had to call in with the serial. On my galant it was on the top of the radio, just had to remove the trim to read it. Took about 5 mins.

Miky
Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a Mitsubishi Galant. Couple of days back the battery got discharged completely and the CD player/Radio got locked. Now it needs the security code to activate it again.
Can somebody please tell me how to take out the Radio so that I can get the serial # and get the security code from the dealer?
Its a 2000 Mitsubishi Galant. Please help.

Anonymous

I have a 2001 mitsubishi mirage I have found my code but now the CD player is stuck in the "off" position. If I drive my car around for an hour will it return to the code position? Does the car have to be left on in the park position? If anyone has experience in this matter I would appreciate it.

Anonymous

i have a 2000 mitsubishi galant can someone help me find the code to the radio...email me at vo_joey@yahoo.com

thankkyou

Unregistered guest
I need the radio code for 1998 galant ls please help!!!!!

Unregistered guest
lost my radio code card please can someone help me, its a mitsubishi montero jeep its state is on off display

Username: Xazilizax

I have a 2000 Galant. If you want the "original" code to the radio, it is in the car manual. If you are the 2nd owner of the car and the original owner changed the code then you're screwed. jk The serial # is also where the code is (in the manual) so it's not necessary to remove the radio. You can call up the dealership if the code in the book does not work and give them the serial # and ask them if they have the set code. I need to do that also.

abokie
Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Galant and I was wondering how I can get my factory cd player out so I can hook up the speaker wire and the RCA Cables. I was then wondering about the security code as well, I've read a few of the statements above, but I'd appreciate it if someone would e-mail me soon about how to step by step take my cd player in my galnt out and all. Thanks. a_beshears@yahoo.com

Unregistered guest
hi does anyone have security code for 1994 mitsubishi magna?? I tried to take the radio out buit it seems to be superglued inside the deck?? please help!!!!! or email me!!!!

Rachael
Unregistered guest
you can't just look for the code for the type of car, it's specially programmed into the radio as a theft deterrent device. I have the same problem right now with my 01 mitsu eclipse gs, I was told that I needed to call a mitsu dealership with the VIN # and read it off to them. If you bought the car used and it didn't have the 2 cards with the code you should call the dealership you bought it from. And they shouldn't charge you considering they're responsible for giving you the code. I mean what do they expect you to do when you get a new battery?

Unregistered guest
When I needed the security code all I did was call up any Mitsubishi dealer... they asked me for the last 8 numbers of my VIN... and then for the serial number of the stereo unit itself. then she gave me the code at no charge.

Just remember that the 3 strike out rule applies to the vehicle. If on the third try your code doesn't work it will display OFF on the screen. Keep the key in on ACC and keep the stereo on and it will unlock itself in about 1 hour. Just remember to keep a window rolled down so that your if your car automatically locks after a certain time.. you aren't completely locked out.

Charly
Unregistered guest
I have found my card w/the code on it, however I have tried disconnecting my battery to get back to the code part, but it just continues to stay in the off position, do i just need to leave the radio on the off position for it to go back to the code?

Silver Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 247
think you have to leave the key and radio in the on position for an hour. then it should unlock.

Vlad Gonda
Unregistered guest
I just got my Radio Code 4712 for Mitsubishi Montero XLS 2001. It worked for me but I don't know if will work for others

Vlad Gonda
Unregistered guest
Also nobody asked me for stereo unit vin number only question from dealer was if it is used or new my was used and he look in to computer and gave me that number 4712 thats all folks.

Anonymous

I lost my radio code card please can some one heip me, its a mitsubish montero sport jeep its state is on off display.

Anonymous

I lost my radio code card please can some one heip me, its a mitsubish montero sport jeep its state is on off display.

Anonymous

I need my car radio code,i lost the manual please can sameone help me ,its a mitsubish montero sport jeep its state on code display. after i remove the battery.the seria no of the radio is 07074380E

Maddog24g
Unregistered guest
I got the serial #'s and called mitsubishi directly. Got the code for free after the dealer tried to charge me $80

Unregistered guest
Hi,
Eight months ago, I bought a used Mitsubishi Mirage 2001 and at that time, the CD player was working. After a day or so, it have never worked (for almost 8 months now). Whenever I try pushing a CD in it, it gives me 'Error' or 'E'.
Did anyone ever had this kind of issue and how to solve this problem?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

mykmen
Unregistered guest
I tried the 4712 I also have a 2001 xls Montero Sport and 4712 did not work. I tried the number that was in the user manual and that did not work, I called the dealer here in town and they said that it was going to cost me $41.00 to take out the radio and give me the code, that is stupid, does anybody know how to remove the stereo from the dash??

Yumaps
Unregistered guest
Dear All - My Mitsubishi CD player says ERROR everytime I push in a CD.......do I needto change the CD player or is there some quick fix for this? I have the same CODE problem too...thanks to this web page I'm gonna call a dealer tomorrow to get my code....thanks folks...keep rocking!!

Unregistered guest
Please I need your help.I disconnected the battery of my 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport and I have not the radio code.
The radio serial number is: 98024040 A
The VIN#:JA4MT31H8YP022291
Please if you know a telephone number or adress of a Mitsubishi dealer that can help me, please send it to me, to orsini2000ao@yahoo.com.br
Any help is appreciated

Anonymous

Hey people the code for 98 mitsubithi montero sport is 2283 for the people who need it.all i did was call the dealer and gave them the s/n on the raido and they gave it to me>>>>> SO GOOD LUCK!!!!!1

Username: Manu01

i buy the mirage used and forgot de radio code please help me. s/n 97B11283

Anonymous

on most gallants(some other models too) just pull off the plastic molding around the radio with your hands,it's easy, look on top of the radio , write down the serial number , call your mitshubishi dealer they should give you the code for free-mine did- and could not believe some dealers try to charge for this courtesy service.if they try to charge just call the factory they don't . good luck!

Unregistered guest
I AM LOOKING FOR THE CODE TO A 2000 GALANT, I AM THE SECOND OWNER, AND THE BATTERY WAS RECENTLY CHANGED,IF ANY ONE HAS IT, PLEASE SEND TO limaneswoman@aol.com

Unregistered guest
Guys for all of you that have their radio locked
and cant get the code immediately < ifugured a small hack that works but it keeps the stereo
on for about 5 minutes. Then you have to do the procedure again. Its simple try it.

Press the Eject button and keep it pressed while
you also press the power on button.

Remember keeping the eject button pressed,press the power on button. This procedure seems to work on all the inifinity systems. I just stumbled on it by frustartion.
Also still better to get your code.

Cheers

Unregistered guest
Guys for all of you that have their radio locked
and cant get the code immediately < ifugured a small hack that works but it keeps the stereo
on for about 5 minutes. Then you have to do the procedure again. Its simple try it.

Press the Eject button and keep it pressed while
you also press the power on button.

Remember keeping the eject button pressed,press the power on button. This procedure seems to work on all the inifinity systems. I just stumbled on it by frustartion.
Also still better to get your code.

Cheers

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3256
Anybody have a 95 Montero SR ? If so what is the code ?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3258
nevermind, i found it.

Unregistered guest
help i need the code for a 98 mitsubishi galant. thanks

Username: Eclipser

My 01 eclipse was locked because of the darn dead battery and had no idea what to do. I googled online and found this forum. Some posts reminded me of the cards w/code(2537) they gave me when I bought my car...lucky me. It might help some of u.

Username: Piretta

I have a 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport and have some advice after living without my radio for two weeks because I had lost the code.

Use a thin butter knife and stick it in the crack around your radio frame. Gently wiggle the knife and your trim should pop off. I got mine off in less 20 seconds. You will be so overjoyed when you accomplish this, that you may overthink the next step. Don't. Look along the top edge of your stereo and you will see a small sticker with your serial number on it. Write this number down. It will end with an A.

Write down your VIN #. Call your local dealership and give them your information. They SHOULD give you your code, although I had a little trouble getting mine. I had to threaten to speak with the manager before they would give me 5 codes (one of them worked). The service department wanted to charge me $65 to look at the car. A nice scam my Mitsubishi dealership was running.

It's probably a good idea to write down your code and put it in several different places. Another idea is to get a small piece of tape, write the code on it, and stick it inside the sunglass or garage door opener compartments. This way, you'll always have it if you ever need it again.

Username: Stefany

i have the same problem i had to change my battery and when i did that my music stopped working so i went to the dealership and they said to get the code from in the radio i did that and i couldn't find the code so i took it to a professional and they couldn't find the code i am completely stuck with no music and im going insane please help me out

Post Number: 2
o yeah its a 2001 eclipes and i tried it 3 times and it said off so i unplug my battery and it wont reset!!! please help me

Username: Piretta

Post Number: 2
Hi Stefany,

Barring the possibility that someone has removed the sticker, it shouldn't be that difficult to find your radio's serial number. First of all, you need to clear the radio's memory if it says off. To do this, turn your key to the AC position and leave it that way for at least an hour. That should give you three more chances to enter the code.

If I were you, I'd become familiar with my dash board. Take a good look at it. Note where trim panels begin and end, especially around the radio. There are many variations of dash trim components so my description only works for 2000 Mistubishi Sport Montero's that have a similar configuration. This doesn't mean that you can't figure it out and adapt the instructions to your vehicle.

I'm concerned that you took it to a professional who couldn't find the sticker. This may mean the sticker was removed. If that's the case, you'll need to call Mitsubishi and ask them what your options are. I would still try to find the serial number using the instructions I posted in March. The sticker will be visible along the front top of the radio (mine was on the left-hand side), after the dash trim is removed. It won't be obvious. You'll have to get down and look for it.

Good Luck!

Post Number: 3
thanks for the help i tried to reset it and ran the battery for an hour but it didnt work thank you anyway
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us