Installing In-Dash? Difficulty?

Bronze Member
Username: Swantlaphoenix

Tucson, AZ

Post Number: 61
I have an Alpine 9835 Right now and I was planing on getting the new Iva-d310. I was wondering how hard it would be to install it myself? What does it take to install one of these? I plan on putting the hide away brain(box) under the drivers seat. It doesnt seem that hard but am I wrong

Bronze Member

Tucson, AZ

Post Number: 65
ok does anyone here not have an in dash dvd player or what?WTF

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1602
you need to get a wiring harness

Bronze Member

Tucson, AZ

Post Number: 69
welll I already have an alpine. WTF do I need a harness for. I heard all this about a separte antenna wire and all this is required for an in dash. thats what Im wondering about.

Mr. Lettuce Head
Unregistered guest
You need a wiring harness and three in line couplers for RCA jacks. Also some skirmish line, a couple of feed should do it. What is a Iva-d310 anyway?

Bronze Member

Tucson, AZ

Post Number: 70
Its the Apline Touch screen. The 2005 edition that is coming out in late april

Bronze Member

Tucson, AZ

Post Number: 71
What is skirmish line? My main concern is .. Am I going to have to take all of the wires (or harness) to the hideaway box or do they go to the head unit. Like the antenna, the four speakers, yada yada.

Bronze Member

Tucson, AZ

Post Number: 73
Hello..... Anyone

Bronze Member
Username: Sanchez5888

Post Number: 40
You were rude to the two people who responded, why would anyone else respond? Installing an in dash dvd player is the same as installing a regular headunit. There is no difference except for the brain. If you put it under your seat I'd recommend securing it with velcro or some kind of strap because there will be a lot of wires down there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us