Insight On How To Hook It Up All Together...

Username: Rleejr

Pa

Post Number: 9
Ok, here is the deal. I have a 94 Chevy Beretta, had the worst setup imaginable which a buddy installed, but to me it sounded good, which is my only goal. I had to sell it for money reasons. I can't live without that loud undistorted music anymore and have all the equipment I believe I need:

JVC Arsenal KD-AR560 CD/MP3 Receiver (3 Pre-Amp Outputs) (50W x 4)

Infinity Kappa 693.1i 3-Way Speakers (2- 6x9) (100W rms, 300W peak)

Infinity Kappa 52.1i 2-Way Speakers (2- 5 1/4) (RMS 50 Peak 160)-Kickpanel

Infinity 12" 1230w Subwoofer (1) (RMS 300 Peak 1200)

An Infinity 7540A 4-Channel Amp for all my highs and mids. (111W x 4 RMS)

A Profile AP1000M Mono Amp for my Sub

A Legacy Active Crossover
---------------------------------------------

Now keep in mind that I listen mainly to rock, so I love screaming highs. I am looking for a BALANCED sound. I had a super deal on 2 pairs of Kenwood KFC-T205ie tweeters (50W RMS 170W Peak) that I could not pass up so I purchased them.
I obviously, correct me if I am wrong, am going to hook up (1) 6x9 to each channel on my Infinity amp, leaving 2 channels open. I was thinking of hooking up a kickpanel and tweeter to each remaining channel. Can those channels handle the other tweeter as well? Or do you reccommend just running one set of tweeters off the head unit and the other on the amp? Or just sell the other set on Ebay?
If you recommend all 4 tweeters being used, any thoughts of placement? *note kickpanels and 6x9's have tweeters placed on their respectable units themselves.

Thank You for all your help. I will be very grateful

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us