2 amps?

Bronze Member
Username: Perrydog

Flint, Michigan USA

Post Number: 76
ok i am wanting to run 2 amps probly each will have about 700 rms my ? is do i actually need 2 power cable or can i buy a power disb. block, i know i have to run 2 sets of rca's or do i?, do i have to run remote and 2 grounds?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2036
All you need is a power distribution block and share the original power wire. Make sure the fuse near the battery can handle both amps.
Remote wire can also be shared as well as the ground.

Bronze Member
Username: Perrydog

Flint, Michigan USA

Post Number: 77
so all i do is go down and buy a power dist. block (what size fuse should i have by my batt its a 100A right now i think) then just slide it on the end of my power calbe then run 2 cables off of that then can i run 2 seprate grounds?, how would be the best way to split the remote? and do i need to run 2 sets of rcas or can i just get multiplyers

Gold Member

Post Number: 2044
Get 2 power distribution block for pos and ground. For remote wire, just splice it and attach both amp to it.
Most amps now have pass thru rca ports. So you connect one amp from HU, and connect 2nd amp to your first amp's pass thru port.
If not, you can always buy a rca splitter.

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 189
Hey isaac would the distrubution blocks have to be fused? And i heard its best to ground amps as far wawy as possible from each other,is that true or would a distrubution block work with the ground? Oh yea would it be ok to run 4 gauge power wire to the dist. block then split it with one 8 gauge going to an amp and one 4 gauge going to the other? Or should i use 0 gauge and spilt the 8 and 4?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2047
It's better if it is fused, but not required. The one near the battery is good enough. Having one on the block gives you that much more protection.
If 4 gauge works for you, then use it. I have 4 gauge splitting into 4 8 gauge wires.
Space is limited inside a car, so trying to keep amps separated far away from each other is fruitless. Unless you're using really cheap amps, you won't hear any improvements. The main reason for doing that is to eliminate noise pickup.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2048
It's like wire count argument. People pay $110 for 2000+ strands vs 1500 strands for $60. To me it's all marketing scam. Sure more strands are better, but if you measure them, they will ALL deliver 12v along with rated current. It is not like you're going to get dramatic imporovement.

Unregistered guest
I have two amps, one for the subs and another for the mids/highs. I think i can use the pass through rca hook up to run both, if not do i need a processor? Im just concerend because these amps a really high end and i dont want to ruin them. also will the rca splitting techniqe allow you to control the freqency to each amp?

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 429
Yeah i had a simliar question. im running a 500/1 isaac along with a ppi art 300.2 and i think it just has rca inputs. Should i run 2 sets of rca's back to the headunit or should i run it from the 500/1's output to the 300.2's input??? whats the best way to do it.?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us