Remote In-line Switch Question

Username: Extazy911

Post Number: 1
If I run my remote wire from my HU to an in-line switch (installed on my dashboard) then to my amp, do need any type of special switch (i.e. does the switch need to be grounded)? Or can the remote wire connect to one terminal on the switch and then reconnect the remaining remote wire leading to the amp. I don't want to burn down my car, drain the battery, or ruin my system. Any and all advice and assitance will be much appreciated. Thanks

"Shoot'em in the face...and walk away laughing" - X

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 547
Mike you don't need to do anything special, any decently made switch from radio shack will work.

Username: Nutshmeg

Post Number: 8
I've used a home light switch in a pinch before... Did I just admit to that?

Username: Extazy911

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the advice. After doing more research on how switches work (www.bcae1.com - Thanks to whoever created that site - LOTS of GREAT info there) I found one I like and pretty positive that I can make work. If not, I'll try the light switch method (not) LOL.

Thanks a lot.

"Shoot'em in the face...and walk away laughing" - X

Username: Xavierunique

Flint , MI

Post Number: 2
i was wondering how do you install a 12v for your amp because i do not have a power antenna on my car so the amps comes on with the radio but when i turn the tape deck on the amp goes off so can anbody give me step by step on how to install a switch for this problem and where to run it from the fuse box and back to the radio dont want to have the amp on while the car is off

nick_sq
Unregistered guest
"i do not have a power antenna on my car so the amps comes on with the radio but when i turn the tape deck on the amp goes off "

That is a power antenna your amp is hooked up to, if it goes on with the radio but not cd/tape or whatever. Run a 14 or 16 guage line from the + on the battery, to a simple switch on the dash (doesnt have to be grounded, all it has to do is break the circuit like any switch) then run that to your amp...that way you have full control of turning your amp on/off
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us