Soundstorm vs. soundstream

Silver Member
Username: Tips

Post Number: 101
is there a differnce? someone suggested i get a soundstream amp to power my coaxials since im on a strict budget... and i found a 4 channel 40x4rms soundSTORM amp for only 65 dollars. anybody kno if i should buy it?

abe
Unregistered guest
my friend has one.. a sound stream.. a 1000 or 900 watt amp..
damn thing fry on him for no reason.. he dont fucccck wit it.. worked for so many years..

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 536
neither are great amps, but the soundstorm is even worse. Soundstorm, rockwood, and a few others with names close to some of the bigger brands are flee market brands that you should stay away from.

nick_sq
Unregistered guest
I own a soundstorm R280.2 and its clean enough for me, a bit weak for any more than a 12" sub, but it runs my tpye S coaxials cleanly without noticable distortion. The amp does 120 watts x 2 RMS @ 4 ohm 0.002% distortion

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

TamaracFt.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 704
If you can find older Soundstream(Rubicon and prior) they are fine amps. I've owned both pre-Art series PPI stuff as well as Soundstream's Rubicon, Reference, D-series, and Class A lines. Although the PPI stuff rocked for bass applications I liked the Soundstreams much better for mids and highs. In fact the Class A 100 II was probably the best sounding amp I've ever heard.

I know SS's most recent stuff supposedly isn't as good, but Soundstorm? I wouldn't go there. Here's an SAT question and answer for you:

Soundstorm is to Soundstream as Rockwood is to _______

answer: (A) Rockford Fosgate

I haven't heard any of the Soundstorm stuff but I wouldn't be surprised if its crap and they 're just trying to capitalize on the Soundtream name.

-Fishy

Silver Member
Username: Sancho886

El Cajon, CA US

Post Number: 105
actually rockwood is a hybrid of rockford and kenwood. they joined forces to create some of the best audio products ever. ROCKWOOD rules!

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 539
Roger, please don't ever have kids.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2023
JeremyC, I think he was joking.

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea