Eclipse question...

Silver Member
Username: Scab12886

Post Number: 114
as most have probably already read in my previous posts, i'm in the epic battle of whether to get an eclipse or alpine head unit. i'm leaning towards the alpine 9835 b/c of the display and i think it will be cheaper than the new eclipses. just one question about the eclipses. i know they have a bundle of great features, but do they have anything to use with the Ipod. i know alpine has the interface to connect the Ipod, does eclipse offer anything of that sort or no? any help on this or just any input at all about anything would be great. thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 302
Get the Eclipse CD5444 or Alpine 9835. The eclipse has more features period. Eclipse CD5444 offers music in 24 bit dac while alpine is 1 bit. thats the major differance. Alpine is xm ready and eclipse has no satellite features. Thats the only loss if you are looking for that feature. Also eclipse offers 8 volt preouts while alpine is 4 volt. Not a major differance but its usually better for your amps.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 531
Ok Mo was right about almost everything. The new eclipses are XM ready, and they do have an aux input you could hook to the line out on your ipod.

IMO I would go with one of the new eclipse.

Unregistered guest
Anyone have a website for the cd5444? I like it for the memory stick(SD? or Sony?) its a nice option short of the ipod control.

Silver Member

OK in less t... South Korea

Post Number: 575
www.eclipse-web.com

Bronze Member
Username: Steelheadgoof

Fairfield, California US

Post Number: 20
Both of you are wrong. You can hook up an ipod to a eclipse 5444. Yet it is not satillate ready. Do the Eclipse 5455 or the 5445. Bothare able to interface with an ipod as well as being sirus ready. The 5444 is the IMO better looking last years model.

Silver Member

Post Number: 378
Hey the best place to find that Eclpse cd5444 is on ebay. I got my auto sound grand prix award winning Eclipse cd8454 of ebay. Just search Eclipse CD5444 and it may find some that are new for a good price. The one i got cost me $500 plus shipping but it was product of the year and has so many features.

Bronze Member

Fairfield, California US

Post Number: 36
Yea Before I got my AVN I loved my cd5444, great HU and very attractive.

Silver Member

OK in less t... South Korea

Post Number: 583
Hay robert, didn't I say the NEW eclpise models are both?

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 467
lol, i love how MO prefaces everything about his head unit with auto sound grand prix award winning

Silver Member

Post Number: 401
You got to somtimes erik..you gotta represant your audio for the good it has under its belt. helps people that dont know about it find out about it.

Bronze Member

Fairfield, California US

Post Number: 39
they are sirius not xm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us