Possible grounding issue?

Username: Fishes2001

Post Number: 2
I had been running 2 phoenix gold Octane R 5x7's and 2 PG 6x9's off a Pioneer DEH-P8500MP deck and all worked fine untill i needed to get my car repaired for broken windows (vandalism). Neway i got the car back and the 2 6x9's were shot... dealer replaced them with Alpine SPR-694A's

Now, however I'm getting a consistent buzzing sound from the tweater out of the new right rear speaker but it only occurs when the car is running. If the key is just turned so the speakers turn on then there's no problem. Now i'm at a loss for what could be causing this problem and I've taken it a couple places (futureshop included) and no one knows the cause. Possible ideas are the deck, or some kind of a grounding problem.

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this please let me know. By the way i also have a PG amp and 2 12 inch subs but the speakers are run off the deck.

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 339
First i would check and see if the terminal on the speaker is touching the body of the car back there. Also make sure they didnt cross negatives and positive on the speakers. Worst case scenario the speaker is bad. Good luck.

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

TamaracFt.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 670
If you've got "whine" on only one side only while the car is running it might a problem with "one side" of an rca cable. If it was a normal ground loop you'd get it in both 6x9's. The rca's may have been damaged when you had work done.

Also check to make sure the RCA plug on the problem channel isn't binding on an amp or processor input/output. I had a similar problem after installing an active xover in the center compartment of my Explorer. Once I relieved the stress on the outputs I lost the noise.

-Fishy

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

TamaracFt.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 671
Hmmm..... It seems you haven't an amp or processor so there's no RCA's involved. Damaged speaker wires or a grounded speaker terminal(as mentioned above) is the most likely culprit.

Lol, guess I ought to read a lil more carefully before I post.

:-)

-Fishy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us