What are good components?

Username: T1kim

Post Number: 7
i need a pair of 6.5" components and i was wondering if anyone had any recommendations? budget $500. i was thinking about mb quart q's and i wanted to know if they're actually worth it. people tell me they sound really nice, but i was wondering if i'd be just paying for the name. any better speakers? also a good amp to power. thanks

Username: Beechairplanes

Post Number: 2
check out focal utopia's

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 258
focal, cdt, dynaudio, morel, adire, image dynamics, diamond, rainbow, infinity perfect, mb quart, boston acoustic, etc. go to a local audio store and audition different sets. everyone has a different listening preference for speakers, some prefer a soft dome tweeter that has a softer, more natural sound and others prefer a hard dome tweeter which has more defined and pronounced highs. it's all subjective, and once you look at sets over $400, they are usually all pretty good; it just depends on what sound you prefer.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3499
Totally depends on the kind of sound you're after. I personally prefer Rainbow, Dynaudio, DLS, and a few others (neutral sets), but most of the population likes brighter sets such as the MB Quart Qs, Kappa Perfects, etc. Then there are those that are a bit more in the middle like the Focals. Once you figure out what you want, you can then decide on what to look into.

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 313
Image Dynamics CXS62 or CXS64 are a very nice set.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us