Small crack

Silver Member
Username: Rob_brown

Post Number: 163
When i was showing my sub off today to some friends, i noticed a small crack on the cone. it is barely noticable but when you press the on it, it gets bigger. what do you guys think i should do? will RE cover the sub? i just got it in january. thanks

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 211
duct tape for now, contact RE, they should be able to help you out.

Silver Member

Post Number: 164
i played it for a few minutes, and the crack didn't seem to get any bigger, and it's only about half an inch long at the most. will this start to spread if i continue playing it?

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 213
possibly, esspecialy at high volumes. I have a friend with a crack in a jl w3 10" and we just put duct tape on the back of the cone until it was repaired. seemed to keep it from spreading.

Silver Member

Post Number: 165
i haven't checked to see if it went all the way through.. do you think RE will cover this, or will i have to pay to get it reconed?

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 215
They might, but u would deffinitely have to send it to them so they can determine if it was a factory defect or not. Just contact them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 166
yeah, thanks.. do you know how much it would cost for a 15" X.X.X to get reconed by chance? This sucks

Username: Djshyper

Dalmeny, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 5
kk a really easy and cheap way i learned was if u have nail polish or silicon trust me it works well it will stop the crack from spreading and it bonds it in place... ive dont it already and i've had the same subs still for 4 years now and they still suond jsut as good b4 they were cracked but u just have to match the color up with the cone or use clear u will be surprised with the results!

Silver Member

Post Number: 177
okay, well the sub hasn't made any audible changes and it still sounds the same, like i said, you can't even see the crack unless you push on it, and it's not really big, will this eventually spread? if and when it does, i'm going to send it back to re.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us