Infinity system

michael12
Unregistered guest
I was thinking of getting 4 infinity reference 1232w and an Infinity reference 1210a amp to power them. Any suggestions on this? will it hit.... im looking for spl and sound quality

michael12
Unregistered guest
?

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 217
i would look at a different amp than infinity. they arent known for making good amps. as for 4 reference subs, you may want to consider getting one or two better subs. two alpine type-r subs will be much better than 4 infinity reference subs.
for the price your looking at, i would say a PPI art series A600 running two 12" type R's would hit much harder and have 100 times the SQ of the infinity setup. or maybe get an avalanche 15 from www.ascendantaudio.com and run that with the A600 - that would be killer.
stick with quality. others may back me up on this. how much you looking to spend?

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 218
I dont know about 100 times the SQ, the references are a nice sounding sub. But J.W. is right about the amps. Instead of going 4 12's, go with 2 nicer 12's, maybe a pair of acendant atlas 12's, or the single 15' avalanche. The a600 is also a good choice of amp as well as the kx series from kicker, or a jbl amp from the bp series.

michael12
Unregistered guest
well i was wanting to go with 4 subs no matter what i got.. and i wanted to keep it under $400 for subs.. i figured quanity would make up for quality. as for the amp i wanted to keep it under $350. another reason i wanted infinity is because i am getting infinity kappas for the doors and i wanted to keep it all the same brand. any other suggestions?

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 220
well u can get an A600 or a Kx600.1 for about 2800 on ebay. U might be able to find a kx1200.1 for around 400 on ebay as well. As for subs, an acendant avalanche only costs 300$, the two atlas's would run a little under 300$. And trust me, the acendants dont look as pretty as the infinities, but they will kill in sound quality and be on par in spl.

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 221
well u can get an A600 or a Kx600.1 for about 280$ on ebay. U might be able to find a kx1200.1 for around 400 on ebay as well. As for subs, an acendant avalanche only costs 300$, the two atlas's would run a little under 300$. And trust me, the acendants dont look as pretty as the infinities, but they will kill in sound quality and be on par in spl.

michael12
Unregistered guest
what about 2 12inch jl audio w3's

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 221
nick, lol. ok maybe "100 times" is a bit of exaggeration, but you know what i'm saying. lol :-)

michael12
Unregistered guest
?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us