Eclipse or Avalanche 15"

Bronze Member
Username: Algirard1

OH United States

Post Number: 25
I was thinking of getting one 15" Avalanche or one 15" Eclipse Ti. Which would be the better sub? I listen mostly to rap, so I like a lot of bass.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 260
i think the eclipse ti would have more spl output

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1010
and would have better sq...

Bronze Member

OH United States

Post Number: 26
What is the best place to get the Eclipse Ti 15"

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1708
Subfanatic, how on earth would you know that the Avalanche would have better sq than the TI's? First off, the TI's aren't known for the worlds best sq, I think you even said yourself the Alum's probably have better sq, and second have you ever heard the Avalanche? James has said numerous times that it has unbelievable sq, no matter what he throws at it. And you gotta remember he's comparing it to his Brahma.

Sorry if I seem a little harsh but you just always love to yell out Eclipse.

Bronze Member

OH United States

Post Number: 27
Is a Hifonics Brutus BX 1205D amp a good amp to run the Eclipse off of. It runs at 900 watts rms @2ohms.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 216
Hifonics amps are slightly over rated. I would look around ebay and see if u can find a jbl bp1200.1, or if u can afford it a kx1200.1 would be nice as well.

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 232
lol. sub's all 'bout the eclipses. didn't you whoop somesone's a## in a friendly comp with your eclipse the other day, sub? what was it against again? a pretty good sub if i remember correctly.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3488
Both are capable of great SQ and SPL really. The Ti has excellent sound quality when set up correctly, Eclipses box designs typically aren't really optimal for the sub in my opinion. A low tuned ported box really makes that sub sing. The Avalanche is an excellent sub as well and hard to beat in the budget category. Great SQ and SPL, you can't knock the XBL^2 design. Can't go wrong with either, just boils down to personal taste.

Bronze Member
Username: Alpineuser

Post Number: 63
johnathan will u have my baby.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1037
J.W. lol i def did not whoop his a$$ his sub is unbelievable no doubt it was a w6v2, and my al took it in OUR opinion in sq but his sq and spl mix was just awesome, very impressive no doubt lol,,,,, but joe haha...i didnt know gosh...im going to go cry! maybe hunter will come comfort me
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us