Kicker L7 04S10L7 (10" subs)

Username: T1kim

Post Number: 2
i was thinking about getting the new l7's and i was wondering if anyone had a preference to the 2ohm or 4ohm, and whether they do actually sound as good as they are made out to be. also, if they sound better in sealed or ported. i personally like the tighter bass from sealed boxes, but will this sub sound good in a sealed? because i know that with some subs, its recommended that you use ported. any kind of feedback on the l7's will be much appreciated. thanks

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 989
No, they have no sound quality what so ever, they will get loud though.
The 2 ohm, or the 4 ohm will have to do with what amp you will use.

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 990
yea 2 ohm and 4 ohm loads have nothing to do with preference, make sure you pick out an amp before you buy the subs so you know weather to get DVC 4 ohm or 2 ohm

Post Number: 4
thanks. i know that the ohms are just pref, but i figured that since you can get more juice from an amp at 2ohms rather than 4, i figured that it might sound better. correct me if i'm wrong. and also, what is spl? i understand its sound press. level. but how can you tell if a sub has good spl? how does it sound/feel different?

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 233
spl = how loud it is. A spl sub is a sub that is designed to be really loud.
If you buy the 2 ohm dvc then u can wire at 4 ohms or 1 ohm. If you get the 4 ohm dvc then u can wire at 8 ohms or 2 ohms. So give a budget so we can find an amp to suit your needs.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 234
personaly i wouldnt get an l7. look into acendant audio. The avalanche 15 is around 300$ and will kick the $hit out of the l7.

Post Number: 5
i would spend around $400 max for two 10's and an amp that costs at most $400. i was just asking about the l7's cuz i wanted to see what people who have actually heard it have to say. for this budget, what would be a good combo for more sq than spl, but a good mix of both?

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 303
1 post says $400 max for the subs...other post says best amp for 2 10" w7's....not for $400 bucks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us