Alpine type r 12" vs infinity kappa perfect 12.1d

Username: Thenoose

Post Number: 2
spl,sq etc etc which sub would you rather have in your car

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 291
if ya end up choosing type r's i have 3 ill sell ya for a good price. brand new in box. email me at rtc0420@yahoo.com

Post Number: 3
plz someone answer lol i have to know by tommorrow night

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 224
I believe the infinity will win in the sq department, but the alpine isnt far behind. The alpine will win in spl. I would personaly like the alpine type r. But if u are looking for pure sq go for the infinity.

Post Number: 4
thanks i have had the alpine r 12 and i remember it being good but all my compnents are infinity and i heard the sub was really good but i want the best spl i can get out of the two subs so i guess u answered my question

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 222
yeah, i agree. also check out Image Dynamics subs. great SQ.

Post Number: 5
image dynamic subs are expensive for wat they are i killed a image dynamic sub with my last setup had a kicker l7 those things pound but no sq and everyone keeps telling me the infinity kappa perfect 12.1d is a awesome sub im sooo confused and out of those 2 i just cant make a decision by the way im runnint a a8000t amp i have a pioneer face not the new color one but the one right underneath that and all my spekaers are infinity kappas and being run off a 5 channel mtx

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 226
What about something from acendant, such as a 12 or 15 inch atlas? I think its 140 for the 12 and 180 for the 15, are u planning on getting one or two?

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 229
ive got an atlas 12. it was $145 and only $15 shipping. Chad, the owner, is a great guy to deal with. give him a call and he'll let you know what's up.
nick, i went back and forth for a while trying to decide what to get, a type-r vs a perfect. finally i decided to shell out a couple more $ for an atlas. it uses the same motor as the RE x.x.x. and the adire brahma. it also has a very unique feature - a second voice coil that is used to adjust Qts, basically it tweaks the bass. i bought a $3 part that i mounted on my dash that allows me to "tweak" the bass on the fly. it's sweet, and very unique. give chad a call and ask him about the adjustable "Q's" and how you can mount a potentiometer on the dash to get the exact sound that you prefer from your sub.

Post Number: 6
IM getting 1 cause i have a ranger and it goes behind my seat but im tryint to decide on those 2 cause thos eare the only ones id be interested in but do u really think alpine beats infinity on spl???

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1024
how are the atlas's in the spl and sq department, compare it to somen lol...my friend might consider one

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 228
I've heard about that. I wish my tempests had that : (

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 230
Very good sound quality. As for spl, the atlas has 18mm of one way xmax. Consider that an infinity 12.1d has around 12mm and a type r will be around 13-14mm. A XX.X has 32mm.

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 231
sub, it's not installed yet, so i cant tell you how it sounds :-(
in the last pic on this page ( http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/803011 )you can see part of the box construction. that's a storage box, it will be identical on the other side, and the sub box and amp rack will go across the middle. hopefully i'll be done in the next couple weeks.

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 231
Nice install so far. I like the work you did on the doors.

jimbo911
Unregistered guest
J.W....what would the number be to get ahold of Chad. Im thinking of picking up an avalanche 15 or 18 but im not sure. whats the sq like? spl? how many watts to get it moving nicely?

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 235
(815) 477-2423. it's a real small company. i've called a few times and either chad answers or some dude name dale, but if you ask him a question, he just gives chad the phone :-) chad's cool. he may be working on something, but he'll call you back in less than 10 minutes, and he'll shoot the sh1t with you for a while too.

thanks nick. not bad for my first install huh? the back will be sweet when i get done. i'm gonna paint it all with some tan colored spray on bed liner type stuff.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3489
In the price range, I'm a fan of Image Dynamics IDQs. I guess overall next I'd take the Type R, pure SQ I'd still go ID, then Infinity, then the Alpine.

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 236
the first time i called i was considering getting an adire shiva. i straight up asked chad how the atlas stacked up against it. he was very respectful of adire audio, but was confident he made a superior product. just ask him. he's not a salesman and he's not some half-a## tech support dude. he's the inventor of the subs, and a straight up fellow.

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 238
jonathan, what do you think of ascendant audio?

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 299
for some reason that makes me want to give him my money as well. it seems like a more than legit company with descent people working there. kind of gives me that feeling right after you take a shot of 151...all warm inside. how would 2 avalanche 15 sound?..im also considering a single x.x.x. 18 or 2 sounsplinter 15" sp l.series or whatever it is.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3492
Great subs, I like Adire and it's brother/sister companies, all of them (RE, Adire, Ascendant)have very good, down to earth people backing them up. They will readily admit their products benefits and if other products outperform them in some area or another, and that's what makes a company what it is, and shows your commitment to the hobby instead of profit margins. When you're willing to acknowledge that another product may outperform yours in some way, it helps you make a superior product by realizing any shortcomings or areas of improvement. You can't go wrong with the Avalanche, either, I just overlooked it on my last post.

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 300
what sub could they be compared to in spl?...sq?

Just Deep
Unregistered guest
Image Dynamics No.1 in SQ.

After that my votes in order are to Infinity Perfects and Alpine Type R's
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us