Amp

Bronze Member
Username: Thenewbie

Post Number: 42
ok i have 2 dual 2 ohm 500 rms alpine type r subwoofers what would be a good amp for that and what kind of guage wire do i need and what kind of capacitor

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 142
I would look at zapco,jl,maybe mtx,jbl.12 gauge wire is fine.And forget about a cap,i mean it wont hurt to get one but in my eyes they are a waste of money.If you are gonna get one a cap is cap dont pay 200 bucks for RF.

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 296
i have 2 alpine mrd m501 for sale..they would match them perfectly. email me at rtc0420@yahoo.com

abe
Unregistered guest
go to ebay look for a voodoo cap.. they come with a free 4ga power wire.

12ga is to small

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
with the voodoo cap how many farad do i want?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
and what is a good amp that would work with those 2 subs

abe
Unregistered guest
the farad depens on how many watts your amp is.. 500-800watt 1 farad should b ok..
but its usually 500watts per farad
so if you have a 1000 watt amp you should get 2 farad cap..

the one i told you about is like 89 bucks off ebay and come with a free 4ga amp kit. 2 fuse blocks and a second amp kit (10ga wire)
the voodoo cap is like 1 farad...maybe 1.2 i think..

as for the amps you dont need a lot of watts to push the subs. get a fosgate or bazooka.. kicker, power acuotisk, .. get a mono amp.. and wire the subs in parallel you'll get good power..
get like a 700watt amp mono..

you'll be happy

Silver Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 149
No no no no. Power acoustic is terrible,kicker isnt that great nether is RF and bazooka sucks! You have decent subs why would you get a crappy amp for them? If your on a budget get an mtx or jbl,ive had both brands before and they are really good amps for the price.

abe
Unregistered guest
jbl sucks... bazooka isnt that bad.. the new ones are.. well all the new amps suck.. kicker is alright.. kicker is better than a plye or pyarimd..
power acoustik is alright.. just for whatever.. what kinda subs do you have?
mtx is alright.. the mtx subs are better than there amps i think..

Silver Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 150
I have one 12w6v2,i dont have an amp for it yet but il problly get a zapco for it.Infinity kappa perfect 6.1 comps and an orion hcca 225 g4 for them. And thats my setup in my truck.

abe
Unregistered guest
w6v2.. i want some tens... whats so good bout zapco?? i know there expenive..

Silver Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 154
I couldnt tell you ive never had/tested one before,isaac suggested them to me.Actually they are not all that expensive the zapco ref500.1 is cheaper than jl 500/1 and the zapco is class a/b which will give you better sound quality,and ive heard they use better higher quality materials than jl. Yes the w6s are great subs,go for them 10s!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us