Well...someone finally did it!!!

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 434
Being that the "subwoofers" section is down, i figured i'd post this in 1 of the only 2 sections that are still working.

anyways...
well boys and girls, someone finally did it. There is now actually a person that has broken 180dB on the termlab in a comp! (regionals no less!) Wesley Blanchard did 181.5dB super port at Mardi Gras Nats this weekend. And his kid did 180.xxdB in mini SPL!

its insane...the almighty termlab has yeilded a 180+ score!

i just have to ask myself...why did i have to leave early and not witness this historical event!...lmao

...wesley, i didnt get to meet you at MGN's. if you read this, congrats man!!!

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 435
oh...by the way

i ended up doing 145.1dB the nite b4 the comp and i did 144.2 at the MGN's. desent, i guess.

(thanks for letting me use your capasitor johnny)

Bronze Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 74
dammn lol what was he usin???!

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 436
I'm not sure what he was using...i think he did in the high 150's for outlaw SPL though. He did that 181.5 in super port wars.

i cant even begin to imagine 181.5dB! i mean, dang...i do ~142 daily w/ my SX and that is pretty loud, sounds great too. but that 181.5db would be like 15 times louder!!! (dont think i wanna expirience that...lmao)

Bronze Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 75
hahaha yeah thats crazzzzy

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 437
I just found out that the 181.5dB that wesley blanchard hit in super port wars was done w/ a single 10" sub!!!

there are some insane things going on down here in louisiana :-)

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 984
what kind of sub was he using

Bronze Member
Username: Kojak28

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 92
Just to let everybody know, just how INSANELY LOUD that is, 200dbs is the same volume as a rocket launch pad!

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 305
I read on I think one of GW's posts that the decibel limit allowed by our atmosphere here on Earth is 180 decibels. The reason a rocket hits 200 is because the chemicals in the rocket modify the atmosphere in the immediate vicinity around the rocket. Not sure how accurate I am there, but, food for thought.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 993
wow amazing, what kind of sub was he useing? and what kind of car, also what is super ports

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 438
yep...181.5 is crazy, but thats what the Termlab read. it had to be insane...i wish i would have stayed longer and watched him run.

subfanatic,
super prt wars is a class in USACi comps, you are allowed to take the termlab out of the USACi "mic-globe" and put it down inside your ported box. scores of 160+ are common in super port wars, but he did 181.5dB! that is the highest score ever recorded by the termlab in a comp.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1009
oh ok....thats insane

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1021
ok well thats just nuts lol...but what kind of sub was he using, what amp, what car...come on guys i need info lol

Bronze Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 36
you guys, its port wars. It isnt tremendously hard to do a 180 in port wars.
There isnt much interest in that class for these reasons, not to take anything away from his achievment, I'm just trying to put this into perspective here.

In port wars you can physically put the mic into the enclosure or the port, hence the term port wars and ridiculously high scores.
Example, lets say car A does a 150-155db, but when car A is measured in the port of the box in may do closer to a 170-175.

BTW, he used 1 10"

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 444
thats true zac,

thats why i said that scores of 160+ are common. but that score is still the highest recorded score on the TL in a comp.

also like you said, there isnt much intrest in this class...in most comps you only see 2-3people in the port wars catigory. some people just use port wars to score a few extra points at the end of the year so they can get the 200pts they need to get to finals.

i have never even metered my truck port wars style...but seeing a score like that kinda makes me wanna just do it for the heck of it.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1032
WHAT KIND OF SUB!!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 37
x2 marshall :-)

(btw, what class do you compete in, we'll have to meet up at a show this year)

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 463
hey zac,

i compete in mod301-900 right now, my bp1200.1 sticks me in that class. i just go to local comps...MGNs was my first 3X show. all i have is 1 15" SX in my truck w/ a quick thrown-together box that flexes really bad.

i'm only doing 145dB right now :-( , but i hope w/ a new amp and box i'll be at 147+. i will prolly go to mod0-300 when i get a new amp. but who knows...i may get a second SX15 and 2 new amps and stay in mod301-900

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 473
2 good amps for that class are mmats 3000.05's, I lent my boy 2 of them for the South Padre show.
He did a 154 in his RSX(301-900ss). I've done 157 with 2 of them in a CRX. They are very efficient and powerful amps, you should check them out.
Are you in mod because your box is above the window line or do you have a wall?
Anywho, I look forward to meeting you. e-mail me if you ever need anything. later bro

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1130
what sub did he use!

Silver Member

Post Number: 477
subfanatic, Its kinda up to him to say what equipment he used, not really my place to say.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1180
lol why? doesnt anyone know? lol

A.C.
Unregistered guest
this sucks your telling me that he is not obligated to tell what sub he used OMG, well it was problably a power acuostik LOL MOFO

Silver Member

Post Number: 484
No that isnt what i'm saying. some competitors dont like to tell other people the gear they are using. In this case there are so many people that know anyways so I dont think he'll mind anyone saying, he used one 10" Sellenium Extreme.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us