How loud can 2 Eclipse T.I's get?

Bronze Member
Username: Terps297

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 41
?
with 800 watts each in a P4S double shot box?

does having 2 12's really make that much of a difference or would i be better off with 1 15?

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 456
just get 1 12 .... way less pressure on your charging system and it will be plenty loud....

if i turn mine up all the way I cant even sit in the car, so i dont know what could make you want 2 unless you just really want to show off or compete.....on top of that it wont be all that much louder and it will be a lot more expensive

Silver Member
Username: Aaaavv

Post Number: 120
2 12's will be louder then one 15. two 12's have more surface area then one fifteen.

Bronze Member

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 42
first of all thank you for your input

the only reason I would be thinking of getting 2 is the amp that i can get from my cousin is a soundstream 1600/2 and so i could powere both of them easily.

erik, what kind of box do you have yours in?

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 978
instead of getting 2 of that sub the 400 you will spend on the 2nd spend on a great instlall and a great box like an ss box, but if you do get 2 wow..that would just hurt, but it will only add about 3 dbs i think

Bronze Member

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 44
yea subfanatic, i was planning on going with a p4s box. that was the one thing that i set my mind on when i started my system

haha i was even thinking about getting 2 crystal 8's in a DS a little while ago, but i thought the spl would be weak so i went with the eclipse's

will i get a dramatic increase in spl if i leave my 6x9's out and use the holes as ports to the cabin?

thanks yall for your input again

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 981
idk...thats what im doing..many people have suggested it to me and im doing it and just putting grills over it to make it look nice.

Bronze Member
Username: Bruiser_bob

Post Number: 35
Hey erik, dont mean to be nosey or anyting but i'm interested[well more than interested, almost certain] in gettin a TI.

What kind of vehicle do you have your's in and how much is it recieving, thanks man.

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 458
hey sorry i hadnt checked in awhile

its in a 2005 civic and im running a jbl 1201.1 gto amp to it

it is running at a bit below the amps 1339x2 capability plus that is at 14.4 and my car probably does not run that high

my box is an obcon godzilla 12" ported enclosure

if you have any other questions just ask

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
Damn that was the same amp i'm looking to get.

How is that combo working, does the sub hit hard.
I've heard people say that those jbl's arent good amps, are u happy with yours.

Thanks again erik [this is priceless info ur giving me here dude]

Bronze Member
Username: Alpineuser

Post Number: 62
i have a older jbl bp 600.1 and i love it never failed me once and never got hot running at 1 ohm

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 463
the combo is working great...it gets very loud with the amp turned down and the sub control on about 25% and volume about half way up lol

you will be happy most people think jbl ams are good for the money in this forum.....

its a solid amp imo and it looks nice as well

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 464
if you want i can give u my email and take some pics and answer any questions i was in ur same boat a few weeks ago

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Hey thanks erik that will great. I'll be ordering[online] them this week most likely along with the rest of my system.

CDA-9835- Head unit
GTO75.4- 4 channel amp[100x4 at 4 ohms]
Infinity perfect 6.1- comps
Pair of 8'' midbasses- for the rear deck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us