Kicker L5 question.

Silver Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 185
What's up all,
I have a Kicker 15" L5 (DVC 2ohm) sub in a 3.0cu ported box hooked up to a Power Punch 500a2 amp. The sub is hooked up to be 1ohm (i think). My vehicle is a 02' yukon, and headunit is a Kenwood KVT-915dvd.

Ok, here's the deal. I am not as pleased with the ammount of bass I am getting from it as I should be. I am wondering if I should get a more powerful amp, or just get a new sub.
I know the sub is rated an 750rms/1500peak and the amp is 125rms/250peak (i think, i've had it about 4 years and have no idea where the manual is)
I think I am just severly underpowering the sub and a different amp would give me the boom I am looking for. But i'm not sure and don't want to spend the money if I don't have to.
Any ideas or help is appreciated.
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1628
Yeah, you definitely need a new amp. I can't believe your asking us really, your running like 1/6th the power you could have going to it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 186
like i said, that was what i thought, but i was looking for a second opinion.

any recommendations on brand or wattage?

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 927
How much money are you wanting to spend on an amp?

Silver Member

Post Number: 187
i am thinking about getting the fosgate T20001bd.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-H3YvR25Swo6/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=130&I=575T2001BD &id=review
but i'd like to find it a little cheaper.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 932
That's way to expencive, it's like $800 at www.sonicelectronix.com that's a sweet amp, you should get it.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1142
just keep this in mind bud....doubling your power to the sub will make a 3 db increase over your current score but 125 rms is light for that sub....my best recomendation is experiment with box size and port tune probably in your case if you wanted to use your current power amp a much bigger box would be needed and a change in port tune

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 936
you should buy my interfire amp 550 watts rms at 2 ohms lol

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 954
Lol, no offence sub, but that RF amp is Kick a$$. But for the price he was thinking of paying, he could get the T30001Bd at sonicelectronix.com it is like $1100. They are some sweet amp's.

Silver Member

Post Number: 188
oh no.. i wasn't going to get that amp from crutchfield, i just used them to show the amp i was talking about. about to check out that website and ebay.
thanks

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 991
Oh ok.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us