10" type s sub/ mazda b2200 pickup

Username: Dustyn

Post Number: 4
Ok. well i'm having a hell of a time gettin a box that will fit my sub behind the seat. The box I had for my car almost fits. All the ones that i'v looked at for trucks, the type s wont fit in. All these places say that they can custom make one...for $300-$500, ya right. So i'm just going to make one an am looking for some tips.

Post Number: 5
wow....look at all the help....

Silver Member
Username: Cory

Canada

Post Number: 142
do you plan on carpeting the box? what volmues of air do you need for the chambers? do you want it to be ported or sealed?

Post Number: 6
well i might carpet later. It is only to hold me off tell I get new seats then fiber glass a box. I'v only had ported box's so i'm not to sure on how the sound would be diff. All the truck box's i'v looked at have been sealed. I need to figure out the dimensions that the sub requires, then work around the LxWxH.

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 146
Well once you figure out the dimensions for the box you should go out side and measure the door's opening and if posible make a cardboard box of it in its acttull dimensions to see if it fits. Nothing sucks more after a day's work in the woodshop to fined out it doesn't fit

Post Number: 7
Thats a good tip. thanks, never would have thought of that. An if I did end up making it an it didnt fit i'd be pissed.

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 152
how much wood working have you done over the years?

Post Number: 8
alot. I have alot of carpenters in my family. I'm thinkin of using MDF or there is another type of board that a friend of mine was talking about. Can remeber the name but it had pro in it.

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 156
Ok then shouldn't have any problems with bracing and build quality.If your making a ported(vented) enclosure make sure that the port is at least 3-4inchs away from the back wall.

Happy building and good luck!

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 964
dustyn, i ahve a real small truck box that i had a 10 sony p5 fit in, if you pay shipping ill ship it to you for free, i have no use for it, its nicely built and carpeted, all it needs is one of those little connector things for the speaker wires but you can go pick one up for like 3 bucks

Post Number: 9
Subfanatic, Thanks, but thats the problem I have. All the box's that I find are to small. I need one atleast 6 1/2" deep.

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 971
on the smallest part of the box it hold 7 ionches exactly

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
what are the measurements of it an i'll check it out. Also, where are you?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us