DLS 3way = 2/4ohm load?

Bronze Member
Username: Tragedy

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 55
DLS 8.3 components use two passive crossovers. One powers the midrange and the other powers the woofer/tweeter. The way they suggest hooking that up is running 1 line to the midrange filter and then splicing into that line and running a seperate one to the other crossover for the woofer/tweet outputs.

Would this present a 2ohm load to an amplifier? or would this still be a 4ohm load? i am trying to pick out an amp and i can go with the lower model at a cheaper price if its a 2ohm load.

http://dls.se/pdf/maniridium_eng.pdf

if you go to page 3 they show you exactly what i am describing you..

Thx

Bronze Member
Username: Kojak28

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 99
I am not an expert by any means, but I thought x-overs only dealt with frequencies. Passive crossovers like this setup give me a headache. I see exactly what u mean. You would think ur just running a jumper wire over to woofer & tweeter. That's what it looks like to me. My deudction: 4ohm speaker(s)+ this crossover setup= 4ohm load.

Bronze Member
Username: Tragedy

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 67
yeah the setup is 4ohms. I spoke with DLS tech support. You would think that normally hooking two speakers up on 1 channel would in effort drop to load just like wiring two speakers in parallel. But no biggy, ill just have to get a bigger amp to put out more power at 4ohm.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us