Gimme the scoop on alphasonik

beechairplanes
Unregistered guest
Tell me what you think about the alphasonik brand amplifier, preferable the pmz12005a 5 channel. I just bought one for my frontier to power my 4 focal 6 1/2 polyglass components and 2 rockford fosgate punch 10's. I havent installed it yet and Im curious what reputation they have for dependability, clairity, and if in fact the rms numbers are true for 2 and 4 ohms. I got the amp for 245.00 total. I just want good clean power with a little bit of bass. Some say its a good amp and some say its not. Help. please try not to be partial with your response

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1869
Alphasonik is rated somewhere between MTX and Sony. MTX are good entry to mid level system. Sony is just as bad as Pyramid/Pyle/Lanzar etc.
If you check out Audiobahn's amps, you will notice Alphasonik is very similar. That is cause they have same location/support. I think Audiobahn bought them out.
The power numbers should be somewhat accurate. Not totally off like Sony and Pyyramid. Those guys just lie with straight face.
For the money you paid, you can't complain. A great 5 channel amp should cost $500 - $1000.
Remember, you never get something for nothing.
If you want an alternative to that, try PPI's PC or PCX series or Art series. They are very good amps. Xtant is another brand you might want to look at for great sound quality.

All I know is I know nothing.
Unregistered guest
Does anyone agree/disagree with Isaac? Cos I was looking at those amps too. Not that I don't respect you opinion Isaac beacause you seem to be very knowlegeable, but a second opinion always helps.

It just seems odd that alphasonik amps have better statistics and are much more expensive than audiobahn yet you say they are no better or the same.

Has anybody actually had any experience with them, and or tested them?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1903
Do a little research then. Try and call Audiobahn and Alphasonik for their address in the states. You might come across one that are at the same building. The only difference is the phone number.
You know there is no way 2 competitors would exist in a same building. So that should be a big clue.

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 650
You know there is no way 2 competitors would exist in a same building. So that should be a big clue.

They could if they sold products at different price points. Look at Directed. My very first amplifier circa 1981 was an Alphasonk(then Visonik) and it was one of the best(and one of the few) car amps that you could purchase at the time. I have no experience with their recent stuff, but I wouldn't be surprised if those superior specs told a true story.

Even so there's a lot of other choices out there.

-Fishy

Gold Member

Post Number: 1907
Yes they could exist but highly unlikely cause Audiobahn and Alphsonik sell very similar products. Almost identical in spec wise. So there is no way they would get along unless it was a subsidiary company.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1908
Think of Zapco and Arc Audio selling their products from same warehouse with the only difference is few digits in their phone number. How weird would that look?

Username: Papasnodmx

Green Bay, Wi

Post Number: 3
I've been running Alphasonik equipment for over a year now and I love it! every few years i start from scratch with another setup. Honestly this has been one of my best pounding and clearest setups ever. click on my name and it will list what i have. i've had setups of Soundstream, Orion, Xtant and recently JL audio. One big reason i decided to go Alphasonik is i love the looks of the HC amps and i love the hour meter!

beechairplanes
Unregistered guest
It seems that anyone who has heard anything alphasonik likes it and anyone who hasnt heard it doesnt like it (yet!) Thanks for your replies and your honesty. Im going to install the amp in about a week or two. When I do, Ill be sure to let you guys know what I think without being to partial because of the fact that I own it. The good news is it comes with a warranty so if it blows, then it goes. One last thing though, it comes with a built in cooling fan, and not many of the five channel amps that I loooked at had that(eclipse, soundstream, autotek, hifonics). I would think that would be a big plus as far as durability and longer lasting amp.

Username: Hmpadilla

Post Number: 4
Hey from reading through these post,I don't think I would disagree with Isaac.He always gives straight forward no bs answers.I can only tell you that I,like Fishy,used an Alphasonik in my very first system back in 1985.I believe it was a PM2100?? 2 channel running my entire sytem,4 8's and a pair of mids and tweets.It may not have won me any contest,but it sounded a he@@ of a lot better than what a lot of people were running back then.Lasted through my car and through 3 different systems in my buddies car.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us