Help with 2-way/3-way installation!!

Username: Boge

Post Number: 1
I'm changing my speakers in my car. I bought Kappa 2-way and 3-way speakers both have max watt of 225. I don't know much about speakers or sound set ups. First, should I put the 3-way in the front or back. Also, I noticed on the speakers, they have two places to put audio cables. Do I string two different channels to each? Can someone please show me a picture or something of how these hook up?

Bronze Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 72
are you talking about 3 way coaxals or components??
i'm guessing coaxals.
if so, i'd put the 3 ways up front to give you a lil better quality sound and the 2 ways in the back.
the 2 connection places it prob for wireing more then one pair in parallel, so don't worry about the other connection spot. or they might be a way to use a different connector type.

hope this helps

Silver Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 112
As far as placement goes, if your front speaker slots are high up in the door go with the 3-ways. if they are low and by your feet then the 3-way would still work well, but the 2-way has a swiveling tweeter so you could adjust it to aim the music up at you whereas the 3-way cannot do that. You can't go wrong with the 3-ways up front tho.
I have no idea what your talking about with the two places. those are SVC speakers and there should be a neg (-) terminal and a pos (+) terminal for the wires. It could be outs for wiring another speaker to it like Brandon said
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us