This thread is dedicated to camaro lovers only

Bronze Member
Username: Metalgearsolid

NJ

Post Number: 18
great news . We will probably see a new generation of camaro in 2008.lets keep our fingers crossed........after all it's the same GM who shut it off at the first time.............
here's the link:~

http://www.cleveland.com/autonews/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/business/110924615 934340.xml

I was also informed that canada announces $400 million deal with GM to accomodate two new car models(camaro & firebird) :-).

Things are starting to look good ..........

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3458
As much as I like Camaros, they're really going to have to improve the GTO platform by a good amount if they expect to keep up. I test drove a GTO and while it was nice, it was on the sloppy side and a little too heavy to be a great all around performer. The new Mustang has a much better feel to it, people generally like the styling a lot more, and it's cheaper by about $7-8,000 bucks. Even with the 6.0L engine the GTO is barely faster than the new Mustang (within .3 seconds in the 1/4 mile), and the handling just isn't there. The 6.0L engine is great, but the whole package didn't deliver what I would expect in a car that is more expensive, a little heavier and more sluggish, and IMO a little more bland. People aren't just after raw horsepower anymore, they want a package that handles well and performs better overall, with good styling that isn't bland nor progressively ugly. That's what killed the Camaro a few years back, while the engines were powerful, their interiors were generally accepted as cheap looking and the exterior wasn't highly regarded either. In their current state I'd personally rather get the new Mustang and invest the $7000 I saved on performance upgrades, but you never know what can happen in 3 years, GM may deliver something fantastic. They just have to remember that the Camaro suffered due to styling and interior issues, and really with the goof ups GM has had over the last few years with their cars and ESPECIALLY their trucks, I just hope they deliver on this one and don't screw it up.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 256
chevy sucks

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 933
You're mom!:-) haha
Will see what happend's. That's stil a long time from now.
Personally, I would rather drive a 1999 chevy than a brand new 05 mustang. Personally, I think they are to cheap.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3461
It really did surprise me when I drove the 2005 Mustang. I was a little disillusioned after driving late model Mustangs (pretty much anything after 1971 for that matter), but that car drives surprisingly solid and the overall package is very well executed. I'm starting to like their modular motors, while they were so-so to begin with they've proven themselves very good performers and reliable. Really I hope Chevy and GM can do a little better in the next couple of years, Lutz has helped GM in production, but they've fallen behind on overall vehicle design. They are building better cars than they have in the last couple years, but so are other companies, the difference is that Chevy's styling hasn't been anything that wants to draw you to a showroom, with the exception of the new Corvette. The problem with the Corvette is that it is highly desired by balding males in their midlife crisis and the overall image has declined a bit.

fghdsdhhg
Unregistered guest
Yeah, and this WEBSITE is dedicated for AMPLIFIERS!

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3462
"Yeah, and this WEBSITE is dedicated for AMPLIFIERS!"
It could be worse, at least the topic of this thread led it to cars instead of an amplifier question turned into a car thread :-).

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 958
Lol ya. I stil wouldn't turn down a vet if someone was trying to give it to me!:-)
I guess will just have to wate and see what they do.

Silver Member
Username: Cory

Canada

Post Number: 153
what you guys think of the 1988 t-top camaro Iroc I'am saving up to buy one this summer (I hope) My dad has an 89 convertible but has problems when the car is hot and turns it off then won't start up after, you guys know the cause of this?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us